Fender Flares for 96 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fender Flares for 96 Explorer?

uncle mike

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 AWD XLT
I wanted to add a set of fender flares but I can only seem to find the cheap univerals rubber kind. Does anybody know a company that makes good fender flares for the Explorers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking of a set of 4 fender flares, but if you know of a place with wider fenders for sale I could check that out.

I like the look of those, does anybody know how hard it would be to install them?

How much do stock fenders and hood weigh? How much do fiber glass fenders and hood weigh?

Is there and thing eles that can be cut out to lose weight.

Will these work with the stock bumper? I don't like the style that they have on the website.

I wanted to add a set of fender flares but I can only seem to find the cheap univerals rubber kind. Does anybody know a company that makes good fender flares for the Explorers?

nobody makes fender flares.
the only thing available would be the fiberglass fenders.

but you may be able to fit some flares for a Heep with some customization.

Where do you purchase these, it seems like all the sites listed don't sell them.

I have a four door and was wondering about the install.

First, do you just install the panel over the door as is, if so how does the door handle work?

Second, do you cut or trim any metal off the back or just bolt the rear quarters right onto the truck as is?

The only website I can find that sells them wants 325 for shipping, thats crazy. I tried to contact them at sales@polyperformance.com and the email came back as undeliverable. I think I might have to forget about these between the very high shipping cost and the fact that they cannot receive emails I wonder about the company.

what about fender flares for a first gen?

i thought bushwacker made fender flares for this gen?

there have never been fender flares made specifically for an Explorer, let alone the 4-door (due to having to fit part of the flare on the door, just like the 4-door Jeep Cherokees)

edit: errr... I'm talking about the cut-out style fender flares, for enlarging the wheel well. Not just the plain flares, as Bushwacker does have the "street flares" and "extend-a-fenders" (which I don't think I ever realized they did)

Back