pa 853 lift X

awry

Reaction score
City, State
reno
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
i think i am veryyyyyyy confused..

i have a 96 xlt and i bought the pa853 lift for the ranger etc, this will work for the X i have read, but im reading now that nothing will line up and i i need to drill and weld new things???

I cant find anything in the search and would greatly appreciate any help to get this installed correct and with both bumpers..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the kit works except the bumper brackets.. There is a sticky for the bumper brackets.

the kit works except the bumper brackets.. There is a sticky for the bumper brackets.

drilling the new long screws isnt necessary and itl fit good right

so it is really not a problem really then
is the 853 bumper problems the same as the pa 883?

I have a 96 Explorer also and last month I put in the kit no welding. I only had two issues, first the front body mounts were stuck on real bad. It took a torch and a lot of time to get them off. As for lowering the radiator there was no way to get the drivers side drop bracket on witout taking the fan off. And it was starting to get dark so I bent the original brack down flat and put the radiator in with out that one. The plan was to go back later and remove the fan and fix it but it is so solid I still have not done it.

I know this is an old thread but i had a question, I am going to start on the body lift this week and i was wondering if this summit kit would work...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-7888300/?image=largeareerbuilder.com/

Yes, notice how 883 is part of the model number of the kit. Kind of a sneaky way to show you it's basically the same thing. I have heard, though, that the Summit kits use weaker bolts, but I don't have any links or anything dealing with that so take it with a grain of salt.

Back