• Register Today It's free!

time to say goodbye

guitarfrk741

Reaction score
City, State
Baton Rouge
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 4.0
well as much as ive loved my mounty im finally trading it in and getting a 2002 extended cab chevy 1500 (z71)

im just tired of 2wd and an opportunity came up so i cant pass it..

but its been fun while it lasted and im sure ill still be in and out of the forums

oh and if anyone wants a black westin bullbar or stock mountaineer side steps just let me know and we can work something out..

and i guess ill throw in some pics for fun..

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

oh and i cant help but throw in a preview for the chevy..which is black
DSC00618.jpg

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do u got pics of the chevy ur going to get

I like the looks of the newer Chevy's, but I will never buy another vehicle from Government Motors. Besides the bailout issue, I owned two, both were POS's.

Why not get an F150?

howmuch u looking at for the bull bar ????

i may be interested price depending...

'nuff said.

Probably already purchased, but if not- don't do it! :) If that video doesn't make a case, nothing will. :D

I LOVE that Mounty!!!

Sorry to hear about your purchasing of a chevrolet.

Sorry to hear about your purchasing of a chevrolet.

I'm not ... Don't get me wrong I love fords but evey chevy my family has owned has gone over 250000 miles with very minor repairs..

And the reason for getting this one is that it was my brothers and he was buying a new truck so I opted for his truck.. The mounty just started having too many problems

I'm thinking 150 or so for the bull bar but I might have a local purchase so it all depends

i gotta say your mounty is what made me wanna add my body lift. your mounty is so sick with the 285s but you better post some pics asap of the chevy

glad to know it inspired you.. I still wanna come back one
day and see a 3rd gen on 35's or bigger

Ima try and get some pics up but it'll probably be tuesday before I can get around to it ..

And those wheels/ mud grapplers are probably a month or so away from
being put on because I still have to put on the 6 inch lift .. And times not really something I have slot of these days

well take a look on here around the end of july. i will have my truck up on the 35s if it takes the full 2 weeks im home it will be done

'nuff said.

Probably already purchased, but if not- don't do it! :) If that video doesn't make a case, nothing will. :D

I LOVE that Mounty!!!

haha i actually have that on a dvd from when i was looking at getting a new f150

been a while guys .. but damn there's some sweet lifted explorers /mounties these days...

making me miss mine..but then again I dont mind my new ride
1252961592.jpg

nice truck man. hows the thing treating you? i think you should trade it in on another mounty. anyways what are the plans for this one?

stick around on here!!!! just wait till i get my pocket style fender flares finished and fit 37s under the mounty. gears are first but 37s are my next goal. my girl wants it higher then the jeep she had when i met her so i'll try

nice truck man. hows the thing treating you? i think you should trade it in on another mounty. anyways what are the plans for this one?

stick around on here!!!! just wait till i get my pocket style fender flares finished and fit 37s under the mounty. gears are first but 37s are my next goal. my girl wants it higher then the jeep she had when i met her so i'll try

Haha thanks man , its got a 6 inch on it now with 35's, but by the end of the year im hoping to have it up another 3 on 37's..

I went trail riding with a guy with a stock 3rd gen and man it made me wanna get another one and jack it up like your mounty..something about how they look i guess bc theyre unique when lifted..

If it werent for actually needing the truck bed/towing capacity i'd probably go back with an expo or mounty..but who knows..maybe if i can pick up a used one for a project..then it'd be time for my first double sas...front AND rear haha

and Keep up the work on your mounty man you're definately pulling it off perfectly

rear sas could be in the near future. i'm gonna take a look at what needs to be done and then once it gets warm enough for me to ride my rocket to work i will cut into the rear. the gears in these things really need to get figured out so i can leave the ifs and do a sas for the rear then put in lower gears

Back