Brand New 31" Tires for me!

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
When I lifted the X before the Tahuya trip, I bought some used 31" tires off craigslist for $100.

They have been great for the street, but I think I need something better for offroad..

So I bought these:

9_MTG%20Close%20Up.jpg
43_MTG%203115.jpg

I bought them from treadwright.com they used to be under another name, I don't know why they changed there name, but they have alot of good reviews all over the place.

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look like Toyo's :thumbsup:

They also look like Good Year MTR's... Now you "just" need to weld the diff up and.... well, it never ends.

Those are Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's...the old, discontinued tread. I checked out that website...I hope you realize you are buying re-treads. Basically used tires...there are strict laws on using re-treads, I know for sure it is illegal for retreads to be on the front (steer position) of a vehicle.
Since that tread design was discontinued just a few months ago, they were being sold for about $100 each NEW.

Those are Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's...the old, discontinued tread. I checked out that website...I hope you realize you are buying re-treads. Basically used tires...there are strict laws on using re-treads, I know for sure it is illegal for retreads to be on the front (steer position) of a vehicle.
Since that tread design was discontinued just a few months ago, they were being sold for about $100 each NEW.

that only applies to semi's and commercial buses.

Yeah, I know they are re-treads. They arrived on Thursday. They are on BFGoodrich A/T carcasses.

I got all 4 tires shipped for $400. They are the discontinued tread pattern, but by the time they went to $100/ea nobody had 4 in stock that could have been shipped.

Ryan

What is the build date on the carcass?

The date's not on there....weird

Ryan

Are they mounted yet? You might have a hard time with the national chain shops as they will definately look for the date and if it's 10yrs or older, they will refuse to mount them.

Date's gotta be there by the bead somewhere

The shop had NO problems mounting them. I even TOLD them they were retreads, they knew they weren't the stock size tire. And they knew it was lifted.

They still mounted them.

You'll see them next week. I only see the 'rim protector' and the inflation warnings on the tire.

Ryan

They are nice looking tires. 4 Wheeler did a little blurb on these tires but they tested the ones with crushed walnut hulls in them.

the tires look sweet man

I will post pics tomorrow.

Ryan

Yeah, I know they are re-treads. They arrived on Thursday. They are on BFGoodrich A/T carcasses.

I got all 4 tires shipped for $400. They are the discontinued tread pattern, but by the time they went to $100/ea nobody had 4 in stock that could have been shipped.

Ryan

Hate to burst your bubble, but there were atleast 8 retailers locally that had them in stock...they bought them wholesale for about $80 each and were selling them for $100 each, + mount/balance.

But nobody over HERE in Kitsap County. The 2 fastest ways to leave the Peninsula, I have to pay a toll of some type. By the time I pay a bridge toll or ferry, and gas..I did alright.

Ryan

:ttiwwp:

Are you going to make me wait until next week??????????:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Geez...you guys are funny!...

I said I'd have them up today....

Ryan

Back