annoying buzzer and inside light wont work??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

annoying buzzer and inside light wont work???

1993fordexploere

Reaction score
City, State
northern california (Eureka)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer xlt 4x4
ok so i just installed a new head unit in my x and after i did that the dome light and buzzer wont work. the buzzer will work when i get ready to start it and thats it and the light wont work at all. whats wrong?? i checked the fuses and they were fine. any help would be appriciated. thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh and it also wont work if i try to do it manually

also the battery ran dead, so if i reset the comp will it possibly work??

Resetting the computer will have no effect. If the battery is dead then NO WORKY- :)Are you sure you didn't bump a wire or a fuse tap while installing the head unit?

Resetting the computer will have no effect. If the battery is dead then NO WORKY- :)Are you sure you didn't bump a wire or a fuse tap while installing the head unit?

i already checked the wires that i could have bumped. the only ones were for the 4x4, the heater, and the engine warning lights

Did you cut any wires when you did the install? For like $20 you can by a install kit.

Its been my experience that if you mess with it-- and something breaks then it is something you messed with (T-I-E -- tech indused error) Not always but most of the time.

You may need another set of eyes to help check fuses and wires. I would start by unplugging the head unit... and see what you got.

Just my $.02

well checked the head unit an that is not the porblem. im thinking it mught be some wiring under the dash because i had to run a hot wire to the battery. so i will slowly but surely look for it. its kinda nice not having the buzzer but it sucks not having the lights when im out at night...

this might sound stupid, but did you blow a fuse by any chance?
LOL!

u kno what i bet i did but, i need a good fuse diagram. someone got one??

Back