Any side exit dual tipped exhaust on the X? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any side exit dual tipped exhaust on the X?

unc25

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT V8
I am looking for guys who have added side exit dual tipped exhaust to their X.

I would love to add something like the Harley F-150's

Ford_F150_2.jpg

10f150harley_02.jpg

Just curious if anyone else has done the same or has their own version to show.
Ive searched and searched, but not only cant I find anything on here about side exit exhaust, I also cant seem to find anything about the factory Harley style exhaust tips.

HarleyBassaniSmall.jpg

My exhaust guy said he could mock something up, but it would be about $125 for the piping and tips from the axle back.

Any pictures would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

seriously....

No one else has done this? Or is it that no one else cares and thus no response?

i have saleen f150 tips coming out both sides but thats it. when i get home i can grab some pics

one of my friends has them installed in his 02 dodge ram 1500

The exhaust guy I was talking to said it would be a PITA to run duals out from the muffler because of the IRS. If you get this done, make sure to take pics, so I can show him, lol.

if you go with duals your more then likely gonna have to ditch your spare tire even is its out the same side

I was looking on RoadBully's site and saw that he's working on a rear bumper/tire carrier. That would be my ideal setup, depending on how they look, even if he's not selling them yet. The question is, do I risk driving without a spare for a while? Not exactly the most comfortable with that idea, lol...

I am looking for guys who have added side exit dual tipped exhaust to their X.

Any pictures would be great.

Take out your spair tire and you can do this

run a straight pipe then after the irs split the pipe in 2 and get a mount for the muffler as well as supports for the tips and thats it

i was going to do this to my x
but run the pipes out of the body on the drivers side

if your going for a offroading look then get a basket and mount the spare up there. i have been rolling around with out a spare for a long time. i just carry tire plugs, rubber cement and ether my compressed air container or just use my work compressor. i usually have windex or some kind of spray in my truck to find the hole usually. if not start spitting hahah

Located the Harley Tips at the yard, now just gotta find time to get them to the shop for the install.

Ive looked and it doesnt look like it should be to difficult. Its going to remain one single outlet from the muffler, but there's a "y" built in in to give the illusion of duals and both tips exit out the pass. side.

if your going for a offroading look then get a basket and mount the spare up there. i have been rolling around with out a spare for a long time. i just carry tire plugs, rubber cement and ether my compressed air container or just use my work compressor. i usually have windex or some kind of spray in my truck to find the hole usually. if not start spitting hahah

I do have a friend fabbing up a rack for me (because I'm too poor to buy a manufactured one, lol, and this way I can have it exactly how I want) and will probably end up doing that. God forbid I ever actually need to get the tire down though....

About this topic I did the side exit exhaust on my explorer st, I did use borla muffler and 2.5" stainless piping with 4" slant cut tip. But I have problem posting pics because I'm using iPhone instead of computer, but if you want I can send it to you guys through email just send me your add and sent you detIls

About this topic I did the side exit exhaust on my explorer st, I did use borla muffler and 2.5" stainless piping with 4" slant cut tip. But I have problem posting pics because I'm using iPhone instead of computer, but if you want I can send it to you guys through email just send me your add and sent you detIls

Photobucket has an app for the iPhone.

Back