Turn signal mounting looking for plastic ferrules / clip info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Turn signal mounting looking for plastic ferrules / clip info

LouGoat

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 4.0 SOHC 4x4
Where can I find the plastic ferrules / clips that hold the front turn signal lamp assemblies in place? There are three per side on the header panel. The turn signals have three metal prongs that clip into these ferrules / clips. I have been looking all over the internet for these with no luck. Does anyone know of a replacement / substitute / part number etc. would appreciate any info. I would really like to clip in my turn signals so they don't bounce around. Did not try dealer because they probably don't have them anyway. 1997 Ford Explorer is my vehicle. Thanks !

Don't disregard the dealer automaticaly.... They may or may not have them on hand, but they could order them for you and have them in a day or two, and they would be the OEM correct part.

Myself, I try to avoid the dealer if I can get the right part some where else, and I just went through a similar repair/ reassembley on a Toyota Tacoma involving the front fender/corner light assembly/wiring harness/ inner fender shell, all damaged or destroyed when the tread on the front tire came off at 70 miles an hour and, in about 5 seconds, beat the snot out of everything mentioned before finally ripping free and throwing itself out onto the freeway.

I bought replacement aftermarket parts on ebay, but I still needed the same type fasteners you are looking for. I found them at a Kragen (aka Checker, Murray's, O'Reilly) auto parts store on a rack with other fastener hardware. Also found some other fasteners for the fender well at a more full service auto parts store (Orange Engine, in Dana Point California) that does machine shop work also, and has actual knowlegable people working there. You might also try a supplier for bodyshops, or, an actual body shop. They must use those type of things all day long.

Good luck man!

Thanks, Kalifowneeah. Dealers here in New York City are a PITA. They don't really want to help you look for small tiny unprofitable parts as you are wasting their time (I hate to say it but it is true *NOTE - I refer to NYC only, as that is where I live.) The stores you mention I believe do not have any locations on the east coast though. Again thanks for taking the time to read my post ! Cheers ......:chug:

Back