• Register Today It's free!

Best tire size?

abravesfan00

Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 4x4 V6
I just did a tt, shackles, and aals, what would anyone recommend for an ideal tire size? I have 33 10.50 15 bfg mud terrain km1 but they rub and they are rough ride, not to mention my engine is working extra hard to turn them and i don't want to have to get new gears? Any help/advice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

um well i run 33x10.50 with stock gears and it does just fine. good even offroad.... you prolly would want a 32x11.50 if you still want hight or possibly 31x11.50 tires???

I agree, 32's would help you with the rub problem, as for the noise, any mud tire is gonna ride rougher on pavement and sound loud.

What gears are you running?

I agree, 32's would help you with the rub problem, as for the noise, any mud tire is gonna ride rougher on pavement and sound loud.

What gears are you running?

Stock gears.. No idea what they are.. Haha

If you have the lower gears for that model you might even have problems with 32's. Actually I can almost bet if you are having trouble with 33's the .5 inch difference in radius won't cure this with the drop to 32.
You can tell the gears by getting the axle codes off the door and checking some reference lists online.

If you have the lower gears for that model you might even have problems with 32's. Actually I can almost bet if you are having trouble with 33's the .5 inch difference in radius won't cure this with the drop to 32.

What gears would be good for running 32s or 33s?

3.73's and 4.10s have very little actual difference in feeling, so if you have 3.73's you would be fine also.

3.73's and 4.10s have very little actual difference in feeling, so if you have 3.73's you would be fine also.

uhhh... HUGE difference in feeling between 3.73's and 4.10's, when you're running 33's. Even when running stock 29" tall tires.

Back