Anyone done the "peanut butter wax"? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone done the "peanut butter wax"?

I'll do it. I have a wedding to go to Sunday (which Im a little pissed about b/c I cant take full advantage of the open bar.) so if it is nice on saturday I will wash, wax, and oil her up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet! I'm definitely curious, considering the high priced alternatives like mothers back to black out there. In my opinion back to black didn't do much for my last SUV, so I'm hesitant to buy anything for the plastics at this point.

I'll do it. I have a wedding to go to Sunday (which Im a little pissed about b/c I cant take full advantage of the open bar.) so if it is nice on saturday I will wash, wax, and oil her up.

Sounds kinda kinky!!! Looking forward to pics:D

has anyone tried it on the mirrors and the black panel for the rear bumper? or the windshield wiper cowl? mine look like absolute crap so i might try this when i get home

I did it on the mirrors. Ill get before and after pics up. It came out a little darker and it took a scratch off the mirror.

Before
026-2.jpg

After
031-1.jpg

I dont know if I would put the PB on the windshield wiper area. The PB will come off chunky and will go down the cracks. I would use the oil in that area.

The dark spots in the after pic is water, its all an even black now.

haha i used tire shine before a car show once i sprayed my mirrors, wipercowl, side steps rear bumper. yeah def. not a good idea to spray your side steps i fell right out of the truck

def. not a good idea to spray your side steps i fell right out of the truck

hahahahaha! i did the same thing...i just didnt want to tell anybody about it!

haha my girl was cracking up then she did it getting in later that night

I washed and clayed today, wash polishes and wax coming tomorrow, then a solution to the plastics.

So heres an update:

Today I woke up early and had nothing better to do in the morning so I decided to get her wet then rub her down with some oil. I went to stop and shop and got a bottle of Peanut oil for $3.99 and I only ended up using about a half inch or so out the bottle. I oiled everything that was made of plastic (Lower trims, running boards, windshield wipers, the area underneath them, grill, and mirrors.) And it came out great, actually better than with the PB. I used a sock over my hand to I could get doen into the grooves in the running boards and around the door openings.

good deal thats gonna go on my to do list when i get home lol

so.....

find any squirrels humping your plastic yet?? LOL

Seriously, that is the CRAZIEST thing I have heard on here yet. But, I can't really argue with the results, huh? All I can say is I've spent close to 75 bucks looking for an answer, and short of painting, they all look about the same.

Shawn

tried this on the gray zuk, been sitting out in the Calif sun for 3 years. I am amazed! Part of the plastic dash had turned almost white they are now black! will take pic's later today as I only did in a couple of spots so you can really see the difference

pics of the oil usage please...thanks guys

Have you found any neighborhood dogs licking your trim?

btw....Mothers Back To Black works wonders if the peanut smell bothers you.It sometimes takes 3 or 4 coats but comes out looking brand new and holds up for about 3 weeks.
It's what I use...
0801091115.jpg

119_4134.jpg

I tried the peanut oil today and it works great! I have used the wax for plastics, Ice, and this works soo much better. I did all the grey plastic and the mirrors. I tried it on the windshield wiper cowl and it didn't do too well.
Thank you for this tip!

I do have 1 question, does anyone know how to make the runoff lines go completely away on the rear bumper from when the rain/water runs off the rear top black bumper and down the grey bumper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^Mine rubbed out when I used the actual PB. But after being parked by the ocean in NC for a week, gone through countless Mud puddles, a few rain storms, and about 10 car washes they started to return. One nice day Ill re do it, its only on the back bumper and I notice a lot with plastic trim on the back have it.

Also if you use a sock for the oil on the Windshield cowl, use your pinky finger and you can get in pretty much all the small places and it will look even.

Back