My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!!

I traded in this: (99 XLT 2" TT, War153's, 1" body lift on 33's)
picture.php

For this: (2000 5.0L AWD Eddie Bauer) on 8-28-2009
picture.php

Mods so far:
Clear corners
Knock off of magnaflow muffler dual 2.5" in single 2.5" out
Mac Intake
Vent visors
Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
Removed Air Ride
4406 Manual T-case

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Records:
Purchased 08/28/2009 With 109,000 Miles-Im the 3rd owner
09/04/2009 New front brake shoes and rotors
09/04/2009 Motorcraft Plugs & Wires
09/11/2009 Flushed out Coolant
09/18/2009 Royal Purple Synthetic Fluids
09/24/2009 Seafoam Treatment
04/15/2010 Installed JVC Deck
04/19/2010 Replaced Outer Tie Rods and installed camber adjusters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok I ordered the Mac intake from EE but I accidently ordered the one for a 1996 explorer 5.0L. Is it really going to matter? What is the difference between mine and the earlier 5.0L? If it does matter ill call them in the morning and get it taken care of.

Edit I compared the pictures of both intakes and it looks like the only difference between the 2 is that the bracket is longer on the later model but that doesn't make any sense because the fenders didn't change.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Get the 97-01 and be done with it.

FYI Explorerexpress.com customer service is top notch! I called them, they fixed the order and shipped it out today.

FYI Explorerexpress.com customer service is top notch! I called them, they fixed the order and shipped it out today.

Good to hear. Both my sales experiences with EE went well (swaybars both times), but a few times I tried to contact them on items they list on their site and no replies and couldn't get through on the phone.

Seems to be hit and miss with EE. What's important is that you have a new intake on its way. :)

haha yeah im looking forward to coming home from work and seeing a box on my porch.

updated photo's on first page. I spent four hours on her today cleaning her up with paint cleaner, polish, and a bunch of wax.

updated photo's on first page. I spent four hours on her today cleaning her up with paint cleaner, polish, and a bunch of wax.

Purdy. EBs clean up nice (and mine is due for a serious external detail). :(

russ

how far r u from beaverton i got a friend that lives there

Well I read the fine print on my warranty contract and turns out if I were to purchase the TM headers it would void the warranty. So now I have to wait 3 years or 36K miles!!!:thumbdwn:

Awesome '00 Eddie you got there. I love mine. I really like that red and the polish looks killer. Better go burn up those 36K miles, because you are going to love the TM headers when you get them.

BTW: I don't know if you have it figured out but the "P" button silences the backup warning when you don't want to hear it. The warning resets everytime you shift into reverse though.

Awesome '00 Eddie you got there. I love mine. I really like that red and the polish looks killer. Better go burn up those 36K miles, because you are going to love the TM headers when you get them.

BTW: I don't know if you have it figured out but the "P" button silences the backup warning when you don't want to hear it. The warning resets everytime you shift into reverse though.

Thanks! Man, after looking at yours it makes me want to lift it. This warranty thing sucks...I might have to cancel it. Or I could lift it and when something goes wrong I can put it back to stock pretty easily. I have no idea what I want to do with this thing. haha

I got my mac intake today. It looks good, sounds good and feels good. celly, how much money did the tuning set you back if you don't mind me asking?

I got my mac intake today. It looks good, sounds good and feels good. celly, how much money did the tuning set you back if you don't mind me asking?

It was a long time ago. I actually scored my tuner from Bama for my '00 Sport and then got it transferred to my EB when I traded in. Bama no longer does my tuning. Henson does. I think you can get a flasher and a few tunes for around $400.

Touch base offline with James via Hensonpeformance.com for pricing.

busy day for the eddie today! I drained the transmission pan, put a new filter and gasket on along with synthetiic royal purple max ATF. I also drained and refilled the transfer case with it, flushed the radiator out and thats all I had time for. Im going to tackle the front and rear axles on my next day off.

Im picking up my vent visors and bug deflector up at 2:00 and possibly getting my two rear cats chopped off.

Back