Need info for turbo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need info for turbo

Not tryin to hijack the thread but when I told my friend about puttin a turbo in my explorer he told me I would have to take out the power steering. Is that actually true?

-Spyke

I would spend a few days researching different setups over at theturboforums.com first. The same principals for any turbocharged gas vehicle will apply to your Explorer. For the turbocharger itself, something with a 60-70mm compressor with a P-trim turbine will be a good starting point. Be prepared to spend at least $700 for just the turbocharger if you are buying new. There are cheaper chinese units available, but most are ticking time bombs.

Not tryin to hijack the thread but when I told my friend about puttin a turbo in my explorer he told me I would have to take out the power steering. Is that actually true?

-Spyke

You may have to rearrange some things to get it under the hood- my turbo isnt under the hood though :)

Yeah dont know a whole lot about turbo's except from what I read on the forum but I never heard anyone say they would have to take out the power steering. I wasnt planning on putting it under the hood anyways.

-Spyke

Back