SMORR October 2009 lets set this up | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR October 2009 lets set this up

PICT0540Medium.jpg

100_1394.jpg

DSC02479.jpg

DSCF2708.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So lets add some more to the **were going list**, only couple weeks away, 17days and I will be there!!!!!!!!!!

well then i have 17 days to get my lift and tires put on... ordering everything day after tomorrow so we'll see...

well then i have 17 days to get my lift and tires put on... ordering everything day after tomorrow so we'll see...

If you dont have problems with the stock body bolts, Should be able to knockout the lift in a weekend. Tires will just take an afternoon. I think you can do this. Have a helper with you, it can be a little hairy at times, be careful, use common sense, and you will be lifted in no time.

What size BL are you getting? Tire size?

doing the good ole 3incher and im looking for tires at the moment actually not sure what to go with yet. bfg 33X10.50X15 MTs or might go with ATs

doing the good ole 3incher and im looking for tires at the moment actually not sure what to go with yet. bfg 33X10.50X15 MTs or might go with ATs

The MT or KM2 will work better for wheeling around our neck of the woods IMHO.

The AT are a great tire (I have a set on my 94), but don't go through the wet stuff as well as the Mudd/crawler style does. KM2 (what I also have) are not to bad on the street, better than an MT I believe.

Be prepared to do a little fender trimming for the 33" to fit. Even if it does clear for install, when you get out on the trails, they will (tires) let you know the whole story.

the KM2s where what i was looking at but they are not cheap. how much did yours run? and where did you get them?

the KM2s where what i was looking at but they are not cheap. how much did yours run? and where did you get them?

I had Sams Club special order them for me. After the Warranty & road hazard, around $250/pc.

RangRayy, I have a set of 31-11.50 swampers on wheels that should bolt on, and would be great for trails or road $400, pic in 4sale section for 5 of them

Got a string of black lights for the EX ! Tee hee.

Thinking of what I can put on the CB antennae for effects. I have a couple of ideas, I will decide after trying it out.

Silly? Yes.

Fun? Definitely !

We'd LOVE to make it, but doing what we did last weekend was too much anyway.* :( I'd really like to get back to SMORR, but we still have a lot of things to take care of here at the Reid Ranch (misc. house things and building a horse fence). Also, I think my Ex finally let us know it's tired of being as it is and said we really need to get to work finishing the SAS. Now the Heep and Firebird are demanding attention at the same time. Not to mention I'm on call for work until Monday morning (it's 24/7)! :mad:

Get lots of pics for us, guys! :salute:

*Left home Friday and went to Flat Nasty for the Capital City Crawlers Fall Crawl. Saturday morning I left FN (near Salem) and drove to just north of Branson (yes, in the Ex) to be the best man in my friend's wedding, then drove back to FN that same afternoon. Did a night run, left early Sunday afternoon. Went to the Sonic in Salem where the center pin in the rear diff came loose (what we discovered eventually). It would move more than a few inches. Made a few calls and most of the leftover CCC crew at FN showed up at the Sonic (it looked kind of like some sort of invasion out of Mad Max!) to help out. Got the Ex fixed there and drove it home. I think it's long trips are done. Just weird that it decided to let go there, but I wasn't going to complain about location. When was the last time you could get a burger and some ice cream around a "trail" fix? :D

I have to say the CCC guys a a great crew but kind of crazy, but don't you have to be in the first place to be into offroading? :p:

14 days left !!!!! whoe else is joing us??

Count Me In!!!

Just had Some BFG's installed last night, I will ask in advance for someone to pull me out if I step beyond my boundries, PLEASE. I dont wanna be the next video on YOU TUBE with the caption of "What was he thinking". I don't plan on going above a 2 level.

Currently still total stock suspension with 31" tires. I plan on showing up on Friday evening about 6 if not b4. This will be my first off road run so please be gentle. Reading the posts and seeing the pictures have somewhat given me the bug. Hoping I don't break anything but wanting to be prepared for when I do.

? I don't have any front tow hooks but I do have a bolted reciever on the back and 20' yank strap. I plan on sleeping in the rear of the EX at night, if thats allowed and hauling my 8' trailer to carry the tools /firewood/camping supplies so the back of the truck stays empty. I dont see a point in putting up a tent for just myself. The wife has to work during that weedend but wishes she could come with me.

Info as to must brings items, that may be often forgot by newbies, would help me out. Feedback PLEASE.

Oh yeah, I'll be dressing up as a short fat man for halloween, I hope I dont scare anybody.

Count Me In!!!

Just had Some BFG's installed last night, I will ask in advance for someone to pull me out if I step beyond my boundries, PLEASE. I dont wanna be the next video on YOU TUBE with the caption of "What was he thinking". I don't plan on going above a 2 level.

Currently still total stock suspension with 31" tires. I plan on showing up on Friday evening about 6 if not b4. This will be my first off road run so please be gentle. Reading the posts and seeing the pictures have somewhat given me the bug. Hoping I don't break anything but wanting to be prepared for when I do.

? I don't have any front tow hooks but I do have a bolted reciever on the back and 20' yank strap. I plan on sleeping in the rear of the EX at night, if thats allowed and hauling my 8' trailer to carry the tools /firewood/camping supplies so the back of the truck stays empty. I dont see a point in putting up a tent for just myself. The wife has to work during that weedend but wishes she could come with me.

Info as to must brings items, that may be often forgot by newbies, would help me out. Feedback PLEASE.

Oh yeah, I'll be dressing up as a short fat man for halloween, I hope I dont scare anybody.

Thats good to hear, the more the merrier. You really should have a front tow hook in case you get stuck. A cb is also a must have so we can communicate. And bring any other spare parts you think you might need. There is an o'reilly's in town, but I'm not sure what they'll have on hand as far as parts goes. As for sleeping in your explorer that's fine.

Welcome aboard Benji,
Making sure you make it back home and staying in good health are the 1st priority. Know your rigs limits, and stay within your comfort zone. If something does happen, make sure you have a backup plan. A credit card with a enough on it to make a repair that cant be done by one of us on the trails is always a good idea.

It will be cold, bring plenty of items to keep you warm. Any tools you have for specifics to your rig. Some of us will have hand tools handy. Tire plug tool and plugs, fuses, spare fluids, full size spare tire, flashlights, and any type of a shelter tarp you got with rope can help on a trail repair if during wet weather. Xtra lights for the rig will help out on the night runs, but not necessary. Night runs is when the CB will be most handy. We will put you in the middle of the pack so you don't get left behind if you get stuck somewhere :)

Food & drink can be purchased at the park if you choose to not to bring any. 5 miles to town for grocery or fast food. Fill up the tank when you arrive to town, and it will last for the entire weekend.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, yes we can pull you out of trouble, if you have a safe place to hook up to.

The CB is going in place of the kleenex holder tomorrow. I'm searchin, also looking toward what type of antenna will be needed with the wally world cobra CB i'm gonna grab.
As far as the front tow points go, I'm trying to decide which and how the tow hook can come thru the bumper that will suffice. Feedback Please. I'm looking at harbor frieght for a tow hook that'll do the trick, thinking I may have it handled. Like I said, I'm not planning on making any insperational moments with my truck, but of they happpen, so be it.

Really looking forward to the commrodary and the aquaintence grown more than anything. Telling stories by the campfire will only enlighten the expierence.

How may people make a check list to ensure they grabbed everything? More important, whats on your list? I'm affraid of being unprepaired. I'm sure I have what I need, if I bring it or not, thats 20/20.

This mud flu bug has been itching for a while now and it's about time that it bit. Since the purchase of the 97 probe as the Daily driver i've been wanting to turn this SUV into "MY TRUCK" and now the wife's on board.

Great news -welcome Benji man
u will do just fine, come see what its all about dont get to stressed. Likley level 1-2s best for your rig, but once u see and determine your comfort level, some 3s arent bad. Main thing is to have enough blankets and not forget your pillow for at night.

ok, i got the word from my daugther tonight that the doc is going to induce labor for the new grandson at the end of the week so we'll see what happens,
may have to leave smorr's to go to st.louis or st.louis for smorr's :D but if grace has any problem's i'm out, i'll have to take care of chase my 1st
grandson

Hey guys will be good to see you all again...we just have one little issue with the fire wood ( its in our rules). We do not allow outside of smorrville firewood do to moths and Beatles that are foreign to our regrowing forest. you do not have to buy our...how did you put it g man..high dollar fire wood ...anyways that's just one option....but you can bring your saw for we have tons of dead stuff easy to find and get to so to can cut you own. you can cut anything that's dead on the ground...reason we have so much is because this land was logged before we purchased it....thanks and i hope no ones panties get in a wad....lol

be safe and see yall soon,

Brandon
SMORR

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back