Keypad entry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Keypad entry

speedracer g37

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xlt
i bought my explorer used about two years ago and the dealership (norris ford) did not supply me with the keypad door unlock code. i didn't think about it for a while and even thought that the code was listed somewhere in the factory build sticker (like they used to be). well, apparently they stopped doing that, and now the dealership wants $75 to look up the code. anyone know where i can find this myself or someone who can do it for me cheaper?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a suggestion if you dont find it behind the quarter panel you might try looking for the code under your dash on the module if it is there on that year of explorer. It would be located under the dash where the gas peddle and brake is at. My buddy has a 2001 expedition and that is where his was located, but may be just in the expeditons.

The link "Rocky" gave you
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=195398
should do it for ya.

It worked for me too ... mine is a 1999 Mounty.
I do not think much has changed at all. If they relocated the Remote Anti-theft Personality (RAP) Module with the factory code on it.. just call around and ask where it is located....
get the factory code, follow the instructions given at the link and you'll be all set.
Good Luck;
Rick

The module with the code is just below the seat belt anchor of the passenger side second row seat. You have to pull the panels loose to get to it.

passenger side behind the middle seat. you have to pull the plastic back under that back window. you will see a computer there is a sticker on it with 5 didget code

thanks guys. i need more practice navigating this forum, so appreciate the quick responses and all the info. from reading all the threads on this topic, i'm going to have to do a little digging tomorrow. the 03 xlt doesn't have an access panel on the drivers side quarter panel. maybe the rap module is under there, maybe not. if it's not there, ill have to look in the passenger side quarter under the seat belt anchor. if it's not there, ill take the passenger airbag off and check under there. did i forget anything? thanks again guys. great forum and a very helpful community.

edit: i guess the 03 guys are looking out for me. under the seat belt anchor it is. thanks again

thats where mine was on my 02. this forum is wonderful. HELPED ME OUT ALOT

thanks guys. i need more practice navigating this forum, so appreciate the quick responses and all the info. from reading all the threads on this topic, i'm going to have to do a little digging tomorrow. the 03 xlt doesn't have an access panel on the drivers side quarter panel. maybe the rap module is under there, maybe not. if it's not there, ill have to look in the passenger side quarter under the seat belt anchor. if it's not there, ill take the passenger airbag off and check under there. did i forget anything? thanks again guys. great forum and a very helpful community.

edit: i guess the 03 guys are looking out for me. under the seat belt anchor it is. thanks again

I have an '02 and it was quite simple. You need a small mirror, though, to read the code ont he sticker. Don't waste your time with the airbag or what ever. It is located on the passenger side behind the panel between the back seat and the trunk area.

Back