help my x wont fire over fuel problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help my x wont fire over fuel problem

dangerrangerstx

Reaction score
City, State
vernon nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
87 ranger stx
i checked the mega fuse its good,checked the shut off switch wich is good.btw is there any way to bypass it? i dont here the pump kick on. it started then we shut it off and now it wont run.runs on either btw and its a 92 x

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Read this, it will show you where the data link connector is.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255962

To ground the fuel pump, run a jumper from the self-test output to the fuel pump relay ground.
dlc-eeciv.jpg

I got the image from www.supermotors.net.

didnt work. i was wondering if there was a ground in the engine conpartmentfor the fuel pump

didnt work. i was wondering if there was a ground in the engine conpartmentfor the fuel pump

The datalink connector is in the engine compartment.
I had a fuel pump issue not that long ago, and in the end it turned out to be the connector for the fused side of the ECC in the power distribution box. Let's start at the basics. Does your check engine light come on when you turn the key to the "run" position? If it doesn't, your computer isn't turning on to tell the pump to run (that was the issue I had). If the CEL does come on, try applying power directly to the pump.

Back