235/70/16

IMG_0560.jpg

255/70/16

IMG_0563.jpg

235/70/16

IMG_0557.jpg

255/70/16

IMG_0570.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you crank the steering all the way, the tires rub on the inside of the black part of the fenders. Very lightly but they do rub.

These tires are the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred

It's a great tire. A huge step up from the stock tires.

If you don't want the slight rubbing but want a bit bigger then the 235/70/16's, I suggest the 245/70/16's.

thanks a lot
I'm buying new tires this week since I sold my old truck and this looks to be the perfect size:thumbsup:

looks good

looks good

Thanks! I can honestly say, they look better in person. The small amount of width gained with the 255's is what I like the most. It makes the whole vehicle look more sturdy.

looks great!

The tires should have been that size leaving the factory...

Nice improvement to the look of your EX.

The tires should have been that size leaving the factory...

Nice improvement to the look of your EX.

Thanks! And I agree. If the engineers are going to design a vehicle with wheel wells this large, they should find a suitable wheel/tire size to make it look half decent.

It's a total cheap out. They try to pass it off as an improvement in fuel economy with less emissions but seriously...

They look great. How much did they mess your speedo reading?

They look great. How much did they mess your speedo reading?

Honestly hard to notice. Mabey 4-5km/hr at 100kms/hr.

On the 4-lane highway doing 110kms/hr, everyone still passes. So, not enough for me to worry about getting a ticket.

Thanks for they reply.The larger diameter tire gives you less of a mph reading also less miles on the odometer.When I change mine out I am going to check the speedo alongside a friends stock truck to see exactly how much it's off to be on the safe side.

Just an update on these tires.

So far they've been great. Great on snow, ice, gravel, mud, slush, wet and dry pavement. And the ride quality is premium. Along with handling.

Good tire.

Just an update on these tires.

So far they've been great. Great on snow, ice, gravel, mud, slush, wet and dry pavement. And the ride quality is premium. Along with handling.

Good tire.

Thanks for updating. I'm going to get a set of these tomorrow for the wife in 245/65/17

My 02 mounty came stock on 245/70/16. If going to upgrade go with 245/75/16 it is a more common size than the others making it easier to replace and you find better deals and wider selection.

245/65/17 is stock for her 05 Limited

must have misread that. Might be the paint fumes ive been sniffing all morning, I'm building my boy a lego work station. But i believe 245/75 size still applies to the 17 wheels correct me if im wrong I might still be high.

Maybe someone can shed some light for me, how big can i go with my X since mine has 245/65/17 as stock tires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe someone can shed some light for me, how big can i go with my X since mine has 245/65/17 as stock tires?

Well the 255/70/16 are only about 1/2" bigger then your 245/65/17.
245/70/17 would be 1/2" bigger. I would go any bigger.

Back