Anybody have pictures with 285's or 33" tires mounted? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody have pictures with 285's or 33" tires mounted?

bpl09

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
I am putting RB 2.5 inch spacers on this week (front and back) and I am trying to decide on tire size. 265's look great but I'd like to see how 285's would look without a body lift. So if you have pictures, please post em. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am putting RB 2.5 inch spacers on this week (front and back) and I am trying to decide on tire size. 265's look great but I'd like to see how 285's would look without a body lift. So if you have pictures, please post em. Thanks

they will fit but you better be prepared for trimming...roadbully had a pic with 285's with either just a bl or his spacers...ill see if i can locate that pic

Well 33" will rub big time this is 33" with only RB lift.
PICT0011.jpg

what about stock 285's? not too wide, regular terrain

stock 285's, like you would find on an f150 or bigger truck. not wide off roading tires.

dumb ass.

.....auburn fan......

whoooaaaaa chillout...

considering that this is an explorer forum, when the word "stock" appears, we tend to think of 235s or 245s.

and i think the point that auburnfan was trying to get across is that 285s will be the same width whether the tire is regular terrain or mud terrain since 285 is the measurement in millimeters from sidewall to sidewall

whoooaaaaa chillout...

considering that this is an explorer forum, when the word "stock" appears, we tend to think of 235s or 245s.

and i think the point that auburnfan was trying to get across is that 285s will be the same width whether the tire is regular terrain or mud terrain since 285 is the measurement in millimeters from sidewall to sidewall

yeah thanks millertimex17,

hes obviously not smart enough to figure these things out...

yes... someone (i think guitarfrk) had 285's with a 3 inch body lift and he had to trim to get them to fit

does anyone have pics of what needs to be trimmed? I'm assuming its on the inside fender well but would like an idea cause i really want 285's and plan on getting them friday but if it too much of a hassle i'll jsut get 265's

does anyone have pics of what needs to be trimmed? I'm assuming its on the inside fender well but would like an idea cause i really want 285's and plan on getting them friday but if it too much of a hassle i'll jsut get 265's

hah been a while since ive been on but heres all i trimmed..
IMG_0028-1.jpg

its in the back of the wheel wells..
also had to take off my running bars(however the tube style still fits)

so i went out and got the 265's today becasue i didn't want to mess with the trimming and now i'm wishing i'd have gotten the 285's lol. Guess thats what happens when you are indecisive.

Back