janolsson

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leicester, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Ex at the mo
Any recommendations for spark plugs?

I know they need to be platinum and gapped to 1.3 - 1.4mm but what brand do you prefer?
ta

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Two words:

Motorcraft

or

Autolite

I like the NGK v-power.

Motorcraft or Autolite

Agree mate- get the real deal and do it once in five years, not every year- lets face it....they are bad enough to do eh?

NGK or Motorcraft! i have always ran ngk in my performance vehicles and had no problems.autolites have not works well in my ex,its had a miss with them and swapped out to new autolites and started missing a couple miles later.since switched to ngk v power and LOVE them

Thanks guys for your input
I'll check out the price for the motorcraft (Uk guys suppliers other than the dealers for these??)

Incidentally pulled my old ones out to check the condition and found them to be gapped at 1.7mm so must have been in for som time!!
Regards

NGK or Motorcraft! i have always ran ngk in my performance vehicles and had no problems.autolites have not works well in my ex,its had a miss with them and swapped out to new autolites and started missing a couple miles later.since switched to ngk v power and LOVE them

you do know that autolite and motorcraft are the exact same plug right?

Autolites are mass produced so....and hints why I siad I like ngks ,I have not run motorcraft personally but have heard good things.I would go ngk!!! Just like fram was good till they started being mass produced

Not "exact" necessarily. Just produced by same company. In the OEM marketplace for any product, specs can be slightly different between OEM and Retail lines.

Back