Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Hey, all-got a question that I need some feedback on....

I looked into getting a powered Thunderform w/ 10" for the rear cargo pocket in my X, but after the price started climbing past $550, I began to get a little dizzy, if you know what I mean. Here's the deal: I just want bass to round out the listening experience. Not to make myself pass out, or compete in decibel competitions, or even to piss off the car next to me at a stoplight. Just nice Bass that I can afford. The other problem is cargo space. I haul 2 dogs and numerous boxes regularly, so cargo area in my little Sport is at a premium.

I'm considering an 8" amplified Bazooka, not sure what brand to buy, and need some feedback from anybody who's either heard one or had any experiences with them. 'Preciate it!

Lin

Ps-I have the Pioneer head unit DeH something, the one with the dolphins, 1 pair of 3ways up front, and 1 pair of 2ways in back

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bazooka?

That is the brand name. My friend had an amplified 10" in his x and it sounded pretty good. Didn't take up too much space and very portable if you need to remove it quickly. Not too much bass but enough to round out the door speakers.

I would go with a 10", not much bigger than the 8".

Hope this helps.

I personally have a bazooka 8inch I have since taken out because put 2 twelves in but they are nice little things and put out alot of bass (seriously! very loud for and 8) so an 8 ampified is probably more than enough for you needs good luck!

i had an audivox hooptie 8" tube in my tercel, it did its job pretty good... under 80 bucks and had an internal amp

the new bazooka tubes are a lot better than the old style. more linear excusion, bigger voice coils and heavier magnets. get a 8" or 10" amplified bazooka and you'll be set. it'll do a nice job on the low frequencies that your full range speakers cant pick up.

Cool, guys, thank you all. I have Crutchfield's latest mag floating around my house somewhere under all the latest newspapers.......I believe they have 3 options for newer bazzokas-cheap, moderate, and gettin' expensive. the most you can pay for one is 399.99 for an amplified 10" from some new company....Do you all know if I might need additional wires or anything?

yes, you have to run a power wire from the battery (with a fuse close to the battery). and a short ground wire. you also need to run the remote turn on lead, and the rca cables for the signal. that's all.

I was having trouble finding something that would fit in the trunk of my Mustang a few years ago and the 10 SAS Bazooka bass tubes fit in there perfectly. I bought two of them. They sounded good for what they were and i had them installed in my explorer when i first bought it.

If you get one with built in amp 8 inch is fine.

If you get one with built in amp 8 inch is fine.

If you look closely, you'll notice that this thread was last posted in 9 years ago!!!!!

wow, he knows how to use the search to the max, if he found a post this old,

Holy fishpaste barnticle boy...

I didnt even notice that LOL.

Mother. Of. God.

Y'know.. it makes me laugh to think that I ever had a bazooka to begin with. Some of us have graduated to real subs and high powered amps :D

wow, this is like a reunion of the old explorerforum days :thumbsup:

almost 9 years ago... damn i feel old now

Wow, replying to a 9 yr old thread, lol. Well its at the top of the list today...

Hey it brought leenjen back! :cool:

Strangest of all is that this was posted on 9/11/01. On the day the world changed Spa's was looking for some bass:p:

...I am so disappointed...:(

...When I saw a thread authored by Spas with the title Bazooka, I was hoping to see something along the lines of this...:D

BrianBazooka.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hahah, yea I think alot of us (including me) started out with a damn bazooka tube.

I hate hate HATE them, and I think they sound weird. They dont make bass like a normal sub in my opinion.

Back