i rolled my truck last night. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

i rolled my truck last night.

Haha lucky, I want a set of the puddle mirrors for mine. I plan on getting a set when it warms up, too cold to goto my junkyard, its such a long walk to the explorers LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha i live in south florida, about 20 minutes from the gulf. and its 44 here right now. im going to call the insurance place tommorow, and tell em somebody busted out windows. hopefully they say its covered lol

thats no good

Lol well its 44 minus 40 here :)

damnn thats pretty cold. lol does your X run pretty good in that cold?

Yea she likes the cold air sometimes...other times its just whatev lol

haha i live in south florida, about 20 minutes from the gulf. and its 44 here right now. im going to call the insurance place tommorow, and tell em somebody busted out windows. hopefully they say its covered lol

I wouldn't do that, it is NOT going to be covered since you don't have comprehensive coverage. The only time they MAY fix glass without comprehensive coverage is a windshield glass repair (chips) and typically that still will not be covered if you have liability only. Side windows will definitely not be covered and if they send an adjuster out to look at the car due to a supposed vandalism or theft loss they may see the additional damage and may list an accident on your record, or at the very least list a comprehensive loss on your record. Losses can be listed even if you don't carry the coverage and they don't pay anything out and they can affect your insurance rates in the future.

Glad you're OK. She did her job and still drove you home! :)

I move to nominate you for membership in the rollover posse. I think this qualifies as close enough. :) Anyone to second?

Someone should move this to the 'Whoops' forum too... :)

Explorers are such a tank I love it. Everyones ok just prob spilt a lil beer huh! Fix the windows leave the field tats and it'll be just fine!

hahaha i drove it to a friends house last night, i siliconed a bike mirror to make it legal until i get my new one. for some reason it says the parking brake is on. it messed with the lever for like 10 minutes. oh well.

also i have no brakes. like i have to press the pedal all the way to the floor until the brakes finnaly engage. idk whats up with that. i called the junkyard and they have a 98 X, same color as mine and they only want 47.99 for the fender. :)

This is just me, but I probably wouldn't reccomend driving it if the brakes are like that lol.
I bet you sprung a hole through a brake line causing little to no pressure in the pedal, also soon to be NO brakes whatsoever, check your brake fluid I be it's low, causing the brake light to be on...

haha yeahh i didnt even realize the brakes were like that until i got about a mile away from home. im gonna go check the brake fluid b4 i go to work. so that brake light isnt coming from the parking brake?

Check fluid, and definitely don't be driving it until the source of the leak is found and fixed. You probably saved lives by rolling the truck and avoiding a head-on collision... don't make the mistake of driving without any brakes..

haha yeahh i didnt even realize the brakes were like that until i got about a mile away from home. im gonna go check the brake fluid b4 i go to work. so that brake light isnt coming from the parking brake?

Im pretty sure the brake light comes on for low fluid, so that might the case for you here.

Yea and if the ABS light also is on then you have a serious problem with your brakes lol

well my abs light has been on ever since i replaced the hubs. i spent like 300$ fixing the truck 4 days before i wrecked it. i just put brake fluid in and im gonna go out in about an hour and see if its leaking. after i flipped it, i opened the hood and everything was covered in powersterring fluid. the resivour cap was still on, idk how the hell that happened. lol. i dont have work tommorow so im gonna start checking everything.

woo hoo! i got the fender today, same color and everything :D

Power steering cap has a breather/pressure hole in it, it's meant to leak rather than bursting out the seals. Sounds like you need to degrease that engine and check all fluid levels before you get it back on the road.

Glad y'all are alright! And damn I am surprised at it only having dents on the sides, good to hear you're going to fix her up and continue driving her instead of scrapping it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back