• Register Today It's free!

IAC valve..WHERE IS IT!!

Rob816

Reaction score
City, State
Jim thorpe,Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford Explorer 4wd
Trying to find my IAC valve because my explorer keeps stalling i think thats the problem..I dont know which thing it is...hahaha Could someone tell me what Side its on and pictures if anyone has any to help me??

I found this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84220&highlight=IAC+valve

But i have nothing that looks like that mine may be different..So that wont help me...So where is it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is the silver thing on the side of the upper intake in this pic. The upper intake is the green thing.

2343573981_581a33c695_b.jpg

~Mark

It is the silver thing on the side of the upper intake in this pic. The upper intake is the green thing.

2343573981_581a33c695_b.jpg

~Mark

Wow thanks you are AWESOME! haha..I thought so But i wasnt sure!!!..Is the Cleaning process the Same as in that Link to the Thread i posted??

Yup.. same idea.. just take it apart (2 screws) and clean off the plunger and stuff around it..

~Mark

The two IAC's, the one shown in Maniak's post and the one in the thread you posted are different. According to the service manual, one is cleanable and the other is not. The one shown in the link is not serviceable and the one shown on Mark's (Maniak) thread is serviceable:
"The IAC solenoid may be constructed in one of two different styles.
Hitachi
This type of IAC solenoid is serviceable and may be removed and cleaned of sludge deposits that accumulate within the valve.
Hitachi With Vent/Filter
This type of IAC solenoid is not serviceable and cannot be cleaned."

Ok so i have the one Like Shown above by mark.mine is Cleanable??

yes, you have the two bolts holding the two halves of the IAC valve together, the other one is held together by a bell-shaped crimped section. Both of them can actually be cleaned partially with spray electrical cleaner but the 2-piece design lends itself to being taken apart and cleaned more thoroughly.

ok one Last EXTRMELY DUMB question before i take it off here in a min...Is there a gasket Behind that,that would have to be replaced??...i think i read there was..maybe not!:rolleyes:

Anyway im hoping this Helps with my Stalling problem...when at idle,When i come to Red lights,Stop signs Ect>!

Yes, there is a gasket behind it..

Dorman # 90102 or motorcraft CG766 are the part #'s.

I can't find the felpro part #.. but IIRC, the felpro one came with a couple other gaskets too.

~Mark

The only dumb question, is the one that is never asked....

The only dumb question, is the one that is never asked....

Well i dont feel dumb anymore being that there is really a gasket there :D....Hopefully this Clears up my problems tho and my auto parts store has the gasket..

You should be able to get the Motorcraft part at any Ford dealership for a reasonable price and the Dorman/Motormite at any O'Reiley's, Autozone, Advance-Auto or Autozone store. If they are not in stock, they can be ordered in overnight through their part network or store-to-store. Rock-Auto has it for $2.61

Back