Just Fogs On | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just Fogs On

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there does anybody know how to drive with just fogs on with an 08 explorer eddie bauer thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unless they didn't wire them that way in '08, our '10 XLT will run the fogs with the parking lights on.

Do you mean without the parking lights on? Theres a method that involves running them through your fuse box w/ a switch that is fairly simple, lemme see if I can find something for you....

sorry no luck

bump bump somebody else must have an 08 eddie bauer.

Not exactly sure what you want, but you can have fogs without headlights by just pulling the knob when parking lights are on. If you want a DRL option (which are headlights at 80% and no tail or parking lights when car is in gear), that is an option that can be turned on by the dealer through programming.

=Vic=

This does not work on my 08 explorer. I have a fully loaded Eddie Bauer with auto lights. When I do that the headlights and fog lights are on.

Not exactly sure what you want, but you can have fogs without headlights by just pulling the knob when parking lights are on. If you want a DRL option (which are headlights at 80% and no tail or parking lights when car is in gear), that is an option that can be turned on by the dealer through programming.

=Vic=

What's the manual say?

This does not work on my 08 explorer. I have a fully loaded Eddie Bauer with auto lights. When I do that the headlights and fog lights are on.

Sounds like the DRL option has been activated on your car. We have an '08 Mountaineer Premium with Autolights, so they should be the same. Do the headlights get just a bit brighter when you rotate the switch from parking lights to headlights? Do the headlights go out when you put it in park?

If you don't want the DRL option, the dealer can switch it off.

=Vic=

Back