• Register Today It's free!

Hearse Conversion COOL

Sbyrne97

Reaction score
City, State
Mason Neck, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' Mountaineer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Believe it or not that's been posted on here before. Same one actually..Still cool to look at.

oh sorry for the repost, my days are spent in the 95-01 forum section

a handful of us were watching one a while back. dont think it was the same one. went for more than anyone was willing to part with. if i had the scratch lying around id be all over it

I seen a black one awhile back I saved the pic and added to my myspace wanting it to be my last ride :) lol. I seen one for sale in an auto paper a couple months back it was bout 2 or 3 hours away from me they wanted I think $2500.00 for it. Definitely cool.

yeah the other Explorer Hearse was all Black and was located in PA. was watching that one too (think i bidded on it also)

looking at the Pixs the Black Hearse awhile ago was on better condition this one.

yeah the other Explorer Hearse was all Black and was located in PA. was watching that one too (think i bidded on it also)

looking at the Pixs the Black Hearse awhile ago was on better condition this one.

I don't recall where the black one I got the picture from was located. Who knows it could be the same one I seen in the paper.

EDIT: Here's another one I seen on ebay awhile back.

Attachments

• Explorer hearse.jpg
    Explorer hearse.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5,480

Yup that was the one. :D

and yes cyber, you did bid on the black one

Well, I now know what to put in my will as a condition of pre-planning. Vehicle request... Last ride will be in an Ex. That's cool!

thats a dope conversion IMO. then id put a Subwoofer in a coffin and just run around town with it. or put a dummie zombie and pretend to let it fall out onto the street.

Imperial probably did quite a few hearse conversions, must have been for the funerals during the winter or something.

Be nice to slam it. I know what vanity plate I'd get:

coolpl8z_dropded.jpg

creepy

it looks like small suburban

I don't get it... why would anyone have put the effort in to create such a thing in the first place? What thought process would lead a funeral director to buy/use it?

I'd be concerned as to the structural integrity of the modifications to it, in the pictures you can see there is what looks to be a tear in the sheetmetal on the side (there is a closeup of it). I wonder if that is just sloppy work or if the weight of the extended rear is causing the body to flex too much because they did not reinforce it well? Not to mention its rusting a lot in those areas as well.

And is it just me, or do those hubcaps have the mercury logo in the center caps?

Hell I'd use it, I'd swap in a 4wd TTB and lift it, that'd be definitely different.

I think I've seen it in person I live about an hour away from the location and am over there a lot.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its an explorer that you can take to hurse conventions. sounds like the epitome of fun to me!

Back