• Register Today It's free!

03 Mountaineer Tail Light Help

FatChevy

Reaction score
City, State
OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Mountaineer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There aren't any taillights made for our mountaineers. I did the same thing just contact them and tell them the lights only fit explorers not mountaineers. The only way is go custom and make something to fill the gap or swap to an explorer rear bumper

thank you for replying. So a ford bumper will actually fit on the mounty?

Yes it will but its not worth the amount of work to fill the mounting holes from the mercury bumper

Well I put them in and theres the gap but i was thinking of using a piece of rubber then later on fiberglassin and bondo the bumper so it looks stock...

I'd rather stick with the stock mounty tails. Glassing and bonding will crack over time with the flex

Off Subject...I gotta tell someone lol...We live right near the beach and theres trails that my friends go muddin...Decided to take the mounty out for a test drive...keep in mind stock rims with all terrain tires...went through 4 ft of water and mud....water was up to the handles....made it through no problem....we went about 2-300 ft and i cant beliueve it but it went through like butter and same on the way back...I love awd! hey fo u have facebook if u want add me jwright0727@verizon.net its always good to have another mounty friend!

The awd in these trucks is awesome. I have only gotten stuck a number of times and that was a sink hole. I'll hit you up on Facebook

since your on the subject of AWD, i just got me a 02 mounty, ive heard alot of bad rep about tranny and diff probs, any thoughts. Please help a newby

Wow I have no clue this is the firtst I've heard of it...I sure hope thats not the case...We just got ours and I would be pissed if something went wrong with it...but we did get a full check up and everything looks ok so far...u might want to search through the threads and see what people have to say or create a new thread and ask that...I havnt gotten much response bacfk on my initial question so dont get to down if u dont get alot of responses either...good luck!

I havnt had any issues with mine and I use it pretty hard

wow, so all those aftermarket euro taillights i have been looking at on ebay for my 04 mountie, will not fit? i was thinking of getting all black ones or all clear ones. glad i saw this first. i cant believe they do not make aftermarket lights that will fit a mountie.

yeah i actually just kept the ones i bought an am going to fab a new bumper piece to fit in the gap...heres a pic of what it looks like
17248_1127352683113_1806086417_248982_4961386_n.jpg

Sorry its so far away was takin a pic after goin muddin in the rain...but if u look close u can see the gap....in a few weeks the gap will be gone :)

Back