Drivers Mirror & Tie Down Hooks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Drivers Mirror & Tie Down Hooks

Newport5003

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport Trac
Long story short... my drivers mirror smashed and along with that the 3 hooks on the side of the bed of the truck. Anyone know how much replacing these would cost, and whether if I just bought the part for the mirror I could do it myself? If I went to Ford, any idea how much parts and labor would be?

I have a 2001 Sport Trac with power side mirrors.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks does anyone know if you can buy those hooks individually?

You can buy the hooks new for about $25 ea from FORD, I may even have some extras. Did it just break the plastic hook or did it rip them out of the bed?

If I ordered the mirror online is it relatively simple to install?

And as far as the hooks go, couldn't find any online. I searched google and everything, I guess I'll have to go to Ford for that and see how much it would be.

You can buy the hooks new for about $25 ea from FORD, I may even have some extras. Did it just break the plastic hook or did it rip them out of the bed?

:wavey::dunno::dunno::wtf:

:ttiwwp:

Where are you located. It's not in your profile...........

Just ordered the mirror hopfully it'll be here early next week. Is it worth installing myself or should I pay Ford to install it?

Thanks everyone for your help and input!

I'll go and take some pics now... right now its in Upstate NY at my college parking lot.

Next time try PartsGeek.com

I just replaced my drivers side mirror and it was like 27 dollars. It's an easy door panel removal and 3 10mm nut removal, unplug/plug back up. Took me maybe 10 minutes.

Here's what the hooks look like:
0303001625a.jpg

0303001625b.jpg

This one's closest to the back window:
0303001625c.jpg

Side view:
0303001626.jpg

And the mirror:
0303001625.jpg

how did the tree fair in this attack?

The tree is fine thank you, my truck on the other hand... this is the first thing that has ever happened to my truck in my possession.

A tractor trailer unit took out 2 of my hooks, and taillight. I checked out partsgeet, and they don't carry the hooks. Hooks must be a dealer/auto recycler item.

Newport5003, man that middle & rear hook mounting area looks real iffy! I sent you a PM re: the hooks. Did it not crack the bedside anywhere?

bdmaash, Did you get a light and hooks yet?

I agree with ncranchero the rear one is real iffy. I looks like there is some damage to the holes in the quarter panel.

Back