• Register Today It's free!

Cruise control Recall

wickerman36

Reaction score
City, State
wickham, hants
Year, Model & Trim Level
4.0 V6 Auto
I have been reading the forums and come across the cruise control recall. I notice that my sensor is RED and from what i've read this means that the wiring harness and sensor have not been changed.

Should i go to my local dealer and check or should i see if i get a recall letter?

thanks

derren

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a site you can put in your VIN and it will tell you any outstanding recalls. Do a search on here and it will come up. You should be able to go into your local Ford dealer and get them to check and they should be helpful and be able to book it in if it has not already been done.

Good luck with that, Arnold Clarke didnt want to do mine even with the recall letter I had.... They said they dont work on vehicles over 10 years old normally!!!!! They did it eventually after I stood my ground....

This is an interesting thread- because it will illustrate how the recall is handled overseas. Since I'm sure Ford has a different safety administration to deal with over there, the same rules may not apply- like replacing it no matter how old the car is if it is safety-related...

with mine, it wasnt that they wouldnt replace it I think it was more to do with the fact they didnt want to work on it as it was old and greasy and wouldnt look nice sat on there forecourt!

Just to let you know i have sent a letter to Ford Technical Information Centre in Walsall asking if my car has been done or not. I agree with chris that if i go into the dealership without any recall notice i will just get fobbed off.

I'll let you know of the reply.....

I posted this a while back

To check if your Ex or any other Ford has outstanding recalls on it go to http://www.genuineservice.com/genuin...ault?page=Home in the service tab click on recall notices and enter your VIN this should pull up any outstanding recalls

When I went in to get recalls dealt with I printed them out for my car and went in to Fords with a copy, telling them that it had come off their own website.

Mine only lists the driver seat recliner bolt, guessing that means the others have been done? I weigh next to nothing so the bolt isn't that important is it?

Hi , thanks for that, put my vin in and said there are no recalls for my vehicle. i did see in the small print:-

Be advised that this system tracks safety and emission recalls for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States.

So does this cover british cars too?

To the best of my knowledge any recalls issued by ford for safety apply to us over on this side of the pond, emissions may be a different matter

Back