Diamond clear headlights with HID on 94 EXP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Diamond clear headlights with HID on 94 EXP

Hey everybody, I havnt seen any pics of any 94 explorers with the diamond clear headlights with 5000K HID, I just recieved my new headlights cause the old ones are really dull and cannot see very well. Once I recieve my 5000k HID kit I will post pictures with the new crystal clear headlights and HID's installed.

Just curious, anyone have pics of this setup from the past?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you look at the "sticky" threads at the top of this forum? ;)

i had diamond cut headlights with a 6k hid kit in my 92 explorer.. ill try to find a pic and post it for ya

I have had the HID's in the diamond clears for a few months. I'm not really a fan, they are aimed so low down that you cant see 40+ feet in front of you. I was running 6000K but just switched to 5000K to see if there is a difference. If not I am going to switch back to halogens, less light but it is projected down the road better.

There are a few options such as making the switch to 9007 bulbs or do a retrofit and put projectors in the housings.

PS
-They weren't lying when they said you are decreasing your light performance with HID in non-projectors!:thumbdwn:

I have had the HID's in the diamond clears for a few months. I'm not really a fan, they are aimed so low down that you cant see 40+ feet in front of you. I was running 6000K but just switched to 5000K to see if there is a difference. If not I am going to switch back to halogens, less light but it is projected down the road better.

There are a few options such as making the switch to 9007 bulbs or do a retrofit and put projectors in the housings.

PS
-They weren't lying when they said you are decreasing your light performance with HID in non-projectors!:thumbdwn:
Aim the headlights up more, thats what i did.

Back