Any word on goodyear wrangler duratracs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any word on goodyear wrangler duratracs?

SCB1904

Reaction score
City, State
Lakeside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I'm going to get tires tomorrow and all bfg all terrains are on back order but the have some duratracs that they're giving a fair price on. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has had any experience with these. And yes I did search haha and there wasn't a whole of info. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

go to tirerack.com, those tires seem to have a lot of positive remarks

I work for a Goodyear store and everyone that has received the DuraTracs LOVES them. Only complaints we have had are one ton trucks say they feel a little washy on the pavement do to the weight of the trucks and the deep tread and sipes. The sipes go down almost as deep as the tread it self does. These have been a huge hit with the plow guys.

Me personally I will not put Goodyear anything on my vehicles. Over priced crap in my opinion. I've had Goodyear's on two not by choice. A 1985 Broco II and my Mountaineer. They both sucked. The 2.8 in my Bronco II could spin the tires in four gears in the rain. And as anyone konws the 2.8 was not a powerfull engine at all.

The ones on my Mountaineer were brand new when I bought it in May 2001. They were HT's which must have meant Horrible Traction.

Wait for the BFG's. You will be much happier. It sounds to me like they have an overstock of the Goodyear's and are trying to unload them.

I've heard good things and bad things about GY Tires. My boss has them on his Jeep and wouldn't consider anything else, he's looking at the Kevlars when he replaces his current tires.

I got them just before we had our awful winter here in MD. They have worked wonders, I've been getting through all the snow and ice w/out 4wd or anything and they have been doing great. When it got really bad I just aired them down and was able to drive through about 2ft of snow. I highly recommend them.

I am with Dan Whitaker on this, I wouldn't put Goodyears on my lawnmower. I have had nothing but bad luck with every set of Goodyears I have ever owned. From splitting sidewalls at high speed while cornering (that was an adventure, trust me) to tread seperation. I would wait for the better tires. I love and swear by Michelins.

Me personally I will not put Goodyear anything on my vehicles. Over priced crap in my opinion. I've had Goodyear's on two not by choice. A 1985 Broco II and my Mountaineer. They both sucked. The 2.8 in my Bronco II could spin the tires in four gears in the rain. And as anyone konws the 2.8 was not a powerfull engine at all.

The ones on my Mountaineer were brand new when I bought it in May 2001. They were HT's which must have meant Horrible Traction.

Wait for the BFG's. You will be much happier. It sounds to me like they have an overstock of the Goodyear's and are trying to unload them.

HT's lol......there wasn't a tire more designed for straight highway then that tire, of course it got horrible traction. Your other tires must have been RT/S's which also blow in anything other then being parked lol.

I just bought a set of Wrangler Silent Armors for my wifes 98. Goodyears of new vs old are TOTALLY different tires.

The triple Tread car tires, the silent armor truck tires have been selling like crazy and have customers with nothing but good things to say.

Now goodyears of old such as RT/S, AT/S and any other truck tire other then MT/R sucked balls. The Eagle LS, RS-A, AquaTreads, Regatta 2's those all sucked balls as well.

Thanks for all your replys. I actually went with the goodyears, got a good deal on them and rims. So far I'm loving them. I let you know how they feel after a few thousand miles.

Good choice I love mine

IMG_1370.jpg

I run GY Wrangler Territories - very similar to DuraTracs, my cousin runs with DuraTracs on her Ram.

i just ordered my Duratrac's today. can't wait to get 'em burried in some mud to see what happens.

265/75/16 load range c (6 ply)

can't wait. the new tires, BBP fab custom bumper, 2" lift... all on the way. in a few weeks, its gonna be the begining of an awesome summer. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea i want to. the explorer w/the duratracs next to my other truck w/the 44" groundhawgs. outta look mean.

Back