SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

New goodies tonight, in video form:

th_MVI_1189.jpg

Dynomax cat back.

atleast i can hear the damn thing run now. :Dthere was a crimp-tastic quiet-flow (napa garbage) system on there,that still had the resonator in it. Im honestly not sure id call this ideal, but it sounds alot better. its still a 4.0L ohv v6 though, no matter how you look at it, but atleast it sounds more the part of a modified 4x4. I couldn't keep it from being oddly close to the right shock though. we'll see how that pans out for me i guess...

Threw 6oz of Equal in each tire. that should take care of the bit of vibration i have on the highway.

trimed back the rear flares a bit, because aparently the tires decided to self clearance themselves on my shoddy fiberglass work in the rear dog legs
IMG_1185.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it sounds pretty sweet :) Morgan has a 2.5" catback with a flowmaster 40 and sounds about the same... let me know if you notice a little gain in mpg!

i think your flows a little louder across the board iirc

i got 10.93 on the last tank, compares to 30-32 on avg for the fofo it cant get any worse....

yup, superturbo, cept i has a tailpipe, unlike your dump.
(it was your clips that convinced me to pony up less cash and try the super turbo over the flows)

depending on whichside you measure, and what you count as body i have between 69-70" of rocker left with the fender trim and the bad dog legs

the 67" ones might do the trick

I like the look and price of those sliders...I may have to put them on my things-to-buy list if they end up working out for you

I put those sliders on my truck. they work great and fit perfect

colindo, just out of curiosity whats the spacing between the bars. was tryin to visualize how far theyll extend out.

so i had a little moment of win tonight. took the truck to go pick up a friend to go to dinner, and afterwords she had a bit of a fail gettin in. i was thoroughly amused. guess ive finally joined the lifted truck club. i feel this makes it official or something

and while im sitin here being thankfull that said person will never read through this thread ill add that it was kinda cute to watch. ;)

Im not sure on the width (about 6"). You can adjust them to stick out or stuck them under as much as you want. They fit pretty well. Plus they're so cheap you could hardly build them for the same price.

Im not sure on the width (about 6"). You can adjust them to stick out or stuck them under as much as you want. They fit pretty well. Plus they're so cheap you could hardly build them for the same price.

that was kinda my thoughts on orderin them over buildin em.

ill make em fit one way or another, just figured id ask so i had an idea of what the heck i ordered

P&A autoparts in Pal. Park sent their forklift over the other day with a blown hydrolic hose. we fixed it but they havent towed it back yet. got me to thinking...

Forklift flex!

0319101805c.jpg

0319101817b.jpg

0319101817a.jpg

0319101809.jpg

wish i had one of the good cameras with me, but the phone will have to do.

i probably could have lifted it a bit more in all cases, but its close enough to maxed to prove the point
as you would expect, lot of movement in the rear, fronts a ttb. When the body presses in though theres a fair amount of droop and stuff in the front.
Its not earth shatering on either end, but im happy :thumbsup:

my boss thought it was the strangest thing hes ever seen btw...

funny thought i had tonight

were exactly one month from the 4 year anny of my owning the first of the 2 first gens that make this truck up. second one folowed one day shy of a month after that

anyone realize that this damn thing has run for a combined total of 7 months of that time?

thats like 14% :rolleyes:

weird...

funny thought i had tonight

were exactly one month from the 4 year anny of my owning the first of the 2 first gens that make this truck up. second one folowed one day shy of a month after that

anyone realize that this damn thing has run for a combined total of 7 months of that time?

thats like 14% :rolleyes:

weird...

I feel it too--:D

Monday is the 10th anniversary of the day I bought Blackjack.. Does that count as weird too? :)

if nothin else i can say i realized the date when lookin at old pics.

im sure you knew that off the top of your head, so yes... :p:

Unbelievable build. Very nice job! Just read all 20 plus pages of postings. Love the progression.

How do you like those BFG's on road and off I was thinking of getting 35's in a few months. I like those and Micky tees MTZ I already had a set of MTZ on my f150 and they were great. Never had BFG mud nice rig by the way

Can't wait to see how those sliders are. I think I might end up with a set this summer if they turn out alright.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do you like those BFG's on road and off I was thinking of getting 35's in a few months. I like those and Micky tees MTZ I already had a set of MTZ on my f150 and they were great. Never had BFG mud nice rig by the way

This is the second set of bfg muds ive had the 31s were kms, these are the km2s

with the eaqual in em i dont mind them at all. had a little bit of a vibration on the highway before that. I havent wheeled it since the 35s, but the 31s were good both on and off the road. when i uped the size i didnt even bother to look at anything else. im sure theyre not the best at either end of the spectrum but theyre a good compromise for the street/mud/rock/trail duty that this truck has

the trucks been spliting d/d duty with the focus as i keep messin around with it and i have no problems drivin it around.

thx for the compliments guys! :D

i have the truck at work today, but i havent decided if im divin into the sliders or not yet. have stuff to do the next 2 nights so i dunno if i wanna make it a late one tonight or not....

Back