Cruise quit working... (not the common problem) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cruise quit working... (not the common problem)

loserdude86

Reaction score
City, State
Sebewaing, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
my cruise quit working tonight. i think it might be the switches. my set button stopped working, all the other buttons worked. i turned cruise on and off then all the cruise lights on the right switch quit working and the cruise control would not turn back on. the green light on the dash does not flash. i my abs light is not on either.

There are two common problems. Actually check to see if your brake lights are off. My pedal brake switch was sticky and the lights would sometimes stay on. There is a switch on the master brake cylinder. First check for switch leaking. There is a recall on the switch so you may get it for free. Check with an ohm meter for continuity.

The brake lights are off and the switch on the master cylinder is not leaking. I think it might be the switches. When the headlights are on driver's side switches are the only ones that light up, the passenger do not. almost like they some how came unplugged. Is that possible? or just a symptom of a bad switch on the master cylinder?

I got it fixed. some how the harness came unplugged going to the cruise switch. plugged it back in and good to go. took about 15 mins.

Back