Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9" | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this going to be done before the end of the world in 2012?:p:

I was skimming through your thread and noticed the start date was back in 2005:eek: Mine's been down since last June and it's driving me nuts not being able to wheel it. Yours should turn out pretty nice when it's done though:thumbsup:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Is this going to be done before the end of the world in 2012?:p:

I was skimming through your thread and noticed the start date was back in 2005:eek: Mine's been down since last June and it's driving me nuts not being able to wheel it. Yours should turn out pretty nice when it's done though:thumbsup:

It will be done before people start hiding in their basements for nothing. :p:

Yea its been a LONG time. But I looked at a garage yesterday and looking at another one next week, so I should have some steady progress coming up soon.

Hey why is DB1 making us garage wheelers feel awful about ourselves? :p:
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey why is DB1 making us garage wheelers feel awful about ourselves? :p:
Posted via Mobile Device

Mines still on jackstands...not for long though:cool:

Charger showed up today. Going to try and draw up some SolidWorks files for flanges and stuff. This will let me share the design easier.

DSC_0339.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

From what I've seen, grind down the front edge of that pinion guard to a smooth curve going towards the bottom - that hard edge becomes a chisel on the rocks and becomes an anchor.

From what I've seen, grind down the front edge of that pinion guard to a smooth curve going towards the bottom - that hard edge becomes a chisel on the rocks and becomes an anchor.

That thing is beef, you would think they would ramp the end of it up to slide over stuff more easily. Maybe the pinion is pointed up more from a flat position in most applications to not worry about it.

If the end is ramped it would be into the driveshaft. this pinion guard fits very close, which is good, its low clearance.

Its all 3/8th" plate too, major beef.

Nothing to update, the truck is buried in 20" of snow that we got on saturday. Im STILL waiting to hear back on a garage, that hopefully will be freed up so I can move over there.

Any progress on the motor mounts before the snow? I have been keeping my eye on a set.

negatory, Im still working on procuring a garage.

Garage is getting closer to a reality. The guy finally got it mostly cleaned out. Im going over this weekend to figure stuff out. But a side note. I sold my Tundra. I picked this up on Saturday.

2007 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5L Turbo AWD.

I bought a Cobb Accessport yesterday (tuner) so by next week it will be stage 1.

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Nice weather is here!

I started changing out my stock motor mounts for the upgraded Ruffstuff Specialties mounts. The stock mount was cut off and ground down yesterday. Today Im going to start the frame side brackets. I have to cut out a plate for the frame rail first, then make the mounts.

DSC_0070-1.jpg

DSC_0071-1.jpg

DSC_0065-1.jpg

Frame side is half done. Have to finish welding the two mounts shown then Im going to "box" them in.

DSC_0075-1.jpg

DSC_0074-1.jpg

The mount is done. Im waiting on some weld washer for around the bolt hole but other then that it is done. You can see in the last picture once I put my oil relocation kit in just how much room I will have gained from doing this. It will allow me to keep the truck as low as possible with the upper link having clearance.

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

Ordered 200ft of 1.75x.120 wall HREW today.

whats your date overall to have this project finished?

better finish before 2012! It would be a shame to waste all this hard work.

Back