• Register Today It's free!

A/C problem.

ewm

Reaction score
City, State
Hillsville,VA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 mountaineer
My ac only works on max . Have replaced the switches , and checked coolant an compressor. Any ideas????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

speed control works fine. Just when you switch to reg. ac it blows warm or non cooled air. switch back to max and it's plenty cold. And thanks for moving my post.

Sounds like the Blend Door, or the Blend Door Actuator.

Thanks I will give it a look.

I'm with ya on the blend door. Are you able to change climates through the vents with the dial?

Yes it just won't blow cool on reg. a/c .And I also found out it won't change temp on heat regardless of vent selection. Just haven't had time to check blend door yet.

Yes it just won't blow cool on reg. a/c .And I also found out it won't change temp on heat regardless of vent selection. Just haven't had time to check blend door yet.

Yup, Blend door, The unit is not cheap either, You can search the board here for 'Blend Door Fix'. Its a good cheap alternate. Good luck!

I have the same problem with our '98

Cheap fix.

My Grandfather and I both own 98's and have the same problem. He found a cheap fix. He installed a valve that runs the coolant to the heater or whatever. When I open the valve, I got heat, but when I need to have A/C. I just shut the valve and cold air blows out. Seems to be working good so far.

If needed I will post pics when I get home.

Back