Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th - | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwharrie National Park - July 3rd, 4th, & 5th -

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah the ex is gone. i dont think the 2wd b3000 will do anything out there.

What happend to the ex?

I just got done replacing tranny in mine. Couldn't afford a rebuild so I got a used one from a junk yard for $400. Went threw 3 junk yard trannies before I got one to hold up, was a very long 5weeks of looking at the underside of my truck. Everyone I thought I snagged a good deal with a '94 tranny under 95k but the tourqe converter granaded in less than 20miles on the first two. The third and final the yard really came threw. This lady just had a $1800 rebuild and less than 200 miles the truck burned up, still had a half chared receipt in glove box. Yard never charged any extra and they delivered the replacements an hour out of there way, so when I can eventually get the tranny smell and the dirt out of my nose all came out good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

had to sell it. trust me thats was a very hard day. it needed way too much for me to fix. i would come but there is no point. if you ever need help pm me and we can try and work something out.

Hey Guys is the list stilll right?

Also do you guys want to have a big dinner one night? I think we should

Hey Guys is the list stilll right?

Also do you guys want to have a big dinner one night? I think we should

I'd be up for a meal...either grill burgers hotdogs or head into town...

I would love to grill out but that can be just as expensive as going out? What do you guys thing? Im not opposed to grilling out tho

I would love to grill out but that can be just as expensive as going out? What do you guys thing? Im not opposed to grilling out tho

ill tell ya right now, the only place to go "out" anywhere near uwharrie is the outpost, anything else is a good 30-45 mins away.

ill tell ya right now, the only place to go "out" anywhere near uwharrie is the outpost, anything else is a good 30-45 mins away.

I was waiting on someone to say that LOL

What is the outpost?

Troy has a few fast food places. Albemarle isn't that far away... I've staying in hotels in Albemarle and run back and forth to the trails.

Well I think the best option seems to be that we have one night with a big meal.

We could do like a potluck and get together around a fire sat. night, good way to meet and chat with everyone. I know there are some good campfire cooks that can come and show off there skills, I can almost smell the deserts now.:p:

I'm in

Hey guys you can move me to the "i'll be there list.... i have reserved site # 39 and will be arriving thursday.. I didnt really need the electric but what the hell... a fan might be nice, or maybe a dormer fridge.

I am considering bringing my dual sport motorcycle as well.... does anyone know if that would be worth the trouble or not?

Any more takes on going to Uwharrie

I've got to get my rig back and learn how to drive again.... I'm getting anti-wrap bars built, rear axle seals replaced, and twin-sticked :)

I can't wait...

Im just now getting the explorer ready... got to fix my bum front shaft and get my tube doors on and fitted so i can use them and possibly change the seats.

Im still trying to get my other front and rear ends put together with the 4.56 and lockers. Then I got to swap them out and take off my body lift and swap on the 6" Skyjacker kit I have.

Then save for some 33's and if there is time hopefully I can get the stock radius arms extended f-250 front shock mounts new shocks and some little odd and ends.

Hopefully I can get it all done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put me down as a definately going. I'm getting out of the Marines and i'm going to hit up URE as I cross country back to California. I'll have my brother and my friend with me and MAYBE a few of my friends' vehicles too.

I think the meal thing is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back