SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

Sweet sliders, I had that same kit too. I only got around to getting one on, the other is still in kit form. Anybody looking for a half used set thats ready for an ex w/a three inch BL?

The ex keeps getting better Jay, can't wait to wheel it in June.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thx, :thumbsup: im really lookin forward to carlisle/rc this year too

cleaned the garage today, its been waaaayyy to long, hasnt been cleaned out in 2 years. got to the point where i couldnt find a thig

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

the before pic dosnt even begin to do that disaster justice....

and while everybody was out i took a few of my 2 together for the first time in a long time

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

for those who dont pay attn to the one on the left the focus thas a 1.5" drop on on 205/50zr16 compared to the x wich as we should all know by now is a 5.5"lift with 35x12.50x15s

as for the trans, ive started a discusion over HERE on that (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277331)

ok, swaped a vacuum modulator yestarday, that helped, but od was still intermitant/ hooked the solus up to it tonight and found out that i have an erratic vss signal

this is also causing my stumble, or what ive been caling my stupid, as it just gets stupid at idle.

new sensor will be there tomorrow, for 20 bucks were gonna start there and work our way back

for the record this is why i havent pulled the trans yet as everyones been telin me to, so score one for me i think, i feel justified

now i can barely drive the thing on the highway, but im still plugin away elsewhwere...

thanks to toypaseo i have some new bling for carlisle this year :D

0419102053.jpg

if these dont get me chicks i dont know what will

theyre navajo lights

WOOO i fixed it!!!!

0420101849.jpg

somehow some where along the way the "oops" computer was mistakenly put back in this thing...
apparently it was cookin inside and causing an erratic vss signal. i had the scan tool on it and i was standin infront of it watchin it stumble while the thing thought it was doing 146mph.... i on the other hand tended to disagree. its always (that i can remember) had a random stumble at idle, so i didnt think all that much of it
after days of pokin around it was continuing a steady decay to the point where it was getin dificult to drive even around town. highway was out of the question once the OD and lockup went away on me.

i finally figured out that the only thing left that could be causin it was the ecm. hopped on here... got a new one from our verry own Turdle, wich arived today, was installed, and thus far the truck has run flawlessly, so i am one verry happy camper.

im also verry amused because of the sheer number of ppl who told me to pull the trans the second the od started acting up. for once i went with my gut and folowed through.
even i get to be right once in a while :D
*does "i was right" dance*

dont mind me im like giddy

wahooo! glad it wasnt your trans man.

you and me both....

i made one of our customers hang out for a few so i could grab a quick pic. ive wanted one but havent managed to get one till now

0424101627.jpg

My springs are startin to settle in a bit. i think i might try to squeak a little bit more out of it. i think i have enough room in the camber adjusters to allow for another inch or 2 to stay within spec.

im kinda just thinkin out loud on this one...

so yea... um... i bought another one... 94 limited this time... this will be explorer number 4 for me...

Ahaha oh noees!!! put it back! return it!!

Haha damn Explorer addicts. :D :p:

(I almost bought a 99 SOHC a while back that i had NO use for or room... made my sister-in-law buy it instead)

Haha damn Explorer addicts. :D :p:

Yup, im oficially adicted...

IMG_1398.jpg

i would like to oficially introduce you to the green monster my new to me 94 Limited...
IMG_1385.jpg

its in pretty good shape. jumped it, fired it right up and drove her home.
IMG_1388.jpg

I know im a photo *****, but while i was at it i had to take everybody out
IMG_1393.jpg

I like the Green Monster, dont like the rims though.
Buff it out and put a "go faster stripe" on it.:D

What engine?

AAAAARRRGARBHLLL!! I can't even find ONE garage and here you have two! *throws temper tantrum then sits in the corner and sulks*

The green bean looks a lot nicer than I thought it would. You're not really going to use it for parts, are you? :(

I like the Green Monster, dont like the rims though.
Buff it out and put a "go faster stripe" on it.:D

What engine?
its a first gen, OHV

The green bean looks a lot nicer than I thought it would. You're not really going to use it for parts, are you? :(

it was in better shape then i thought, but yes im still gonna take her apart

But but... why?? :( If you need to find a good home for her, I need a new DD..

because i want a spare d35
because i fell in love with the plush seats and my seats suck
because my sunroof glass is broken and this ones isnt
because a4lds are utter crap so the more the merrier as spares
because i put one 4.0L long block in this truck already, a spare wont hurt
because i cant buy much of the above list for $250
i could keep going...

we had a talk tonight. we went to the sonic drive in on 17 and then for a little bit of a cruise. it came to work with me today.
shes old and needs help, shes been neglected for a long time. i think she understands that she can be part of something more then a driveway ornament sinking into inch and a half deep ruts in someones driveway

Ok, now who's H2 is that in the garage?!
Don't even get me started on those...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

h2's not mine, i have enough junk lyin around. thats the garage next to my 2

finally made the last legs for the sliders. added one per side, so im running 4 per side, and im much happier with them this way

i forgot the camera, so deal with the cell pics

0505102231.jpg

the new one on this side is the one infront of the body mount, on the other side the new one is behind the mount, spacing is the same on both sides. the gap between the first one and the one that was the middle one was way to long, never should have set it up like that, but now another leg and problem solved

new spool of .023 wire, resh tip and some good clean steel
0505102227.jpg

ther verticals are pretty sweet. i still cant weld bottoms worth a damn tho

using my fat ass to test for durability...
0505102235.jpg

Back