Calling All Southeast Colorado 4X4s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling All Southeast Colorado 4X4s

RedneckRambo

Reaction score
City, State
Sterling, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
Im looking for people to go wheeling with in the Lamar, CO area. Im also looking for more places to wheel around here. Please let me know if anyone in this area wheels and if they would like to join me on an adventure sometime.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey,
I just moved from Lamar this year, now I'm in Salida.
There's not much for wheeling down there, the funnest thing for the locals is to drive through the river.
I always headed west to get to any wheeling.
I know south of Las Animas and La junta, there are some canyons that you might be able to tool around in, but i don't know of anything around lamar
Your in probably one of the worst places in the state as far as wheeling goes, better buy a boat and head to the resevoir.

Yeah i havent gotten brave enough to go through the river yet after my buddies little incident. But the dunes out at the fair grounds are getting really old.

so i tried the river today and i didnt even make it to the water. the sand is way too soft for a stock rig.

bummer

I was down there visiting family last weekend and was surprised how low the river was

maybe we will have to get together the next time ur down and find someplace to go

wow i just realized i know who you are after seeing a pic of your truck.

Yeah, I used to be a high school shop teacher down there.
thing is though, I dont usually bring the truck down that way much - the wifes car's better on gas.

Yeah. You were my metals and mechanical drawing teacher my freshman year.

I remember some canyon out near Two Buttes that they used to play in, and there were some cool areas south of Kim if you wanna drive.

I didn't have an off roader when I lived down Springfield way, so didn't get out much.

I remember some canyon out near Two Buttes that they used to play in, and there were some cool areas south of Kim if you wanna drive.

I didn't have an off roader when I lived down Springfield way, so didn't get out much.

hmm two buttes is like 15 miles from my house but ive never really found any good spots down there. and during the summer im planning on going to the canyons south of springfield. like picture and carizzo canyon

Back