Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

Please post some pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights installed.

Thanks ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$20 wal mart baja lights
DSCF6823.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I would imagine the new fogs are much better than the small projector type you had.

Pic Of My Console Setup & Fog Switches
Picture023.jpg

Close Up Of Fog Switches
Picture024.jpg

And Of My Lights A Week Ago
Picture004-1.jpg

Changed A Few Since Then, Will Get Some Recent Pics Soon

DSC04291.jpg

Hella 1000's. Behind brush guard for protection from playing bumper pool with deer. Damned yard rats. And occasional rocks from doing poser shots LOL

good looking BII

yea it is a homemade bar worked kinda off of the design that Karpiel73 did for his... I didnt get a chance to get pictures in the daylight today but I will try to tomorrow.

LMAO RedneckRambo that is where my CB is mounted. It works great there but i added an external speaker just under it facing up so it would be louder, but yes it works just fine :salute::salute:

alright. would it get in the way of the shifter on a standard transmission?

alright. would it get in the way of the shifter on a standard transmission?

Looks to me like it would. I can't put anything bigger than a 12oz can in the cupholder without the shifter hitting it.

That's really nice! I need to learn to weld!!!

Ok, probably not the best place for this post, but I am building a projector/spotlight to mount backwards on my roof rack to come on when I put it in reverse. My question is, what do I need to wire it to to make it do that? I don't particularly want to do a switch because I know that if I did that, I would be tempted to use it on $%&hole tailgaters.

You could wire it into the reverse lights or use a transistor to give it power when the reverse lights come on. You could also use a switch. I didn't want to put on a switch for the same reason, but found it WAY easier. Plus I can turn them on whenever I want to, may it be tailgaters, telling the people behind me theres a cop, or just simply needing light at the back of the truck.
To keep yourself from flashing them at tailgaters, mount the switch somewhere you can't reach it while driving.

yeah, I was thinking about wiring them to the reverse lights, but I wasn't sure if there was a hole running from the third brake light down to each side, since I was going to wire it to both in order to prevent one being dimmer than the other. Otherwise, does anyone know if the third brake light comes on when it is in reverse? I don't think I have the skills to put it in reverse, run behind and check, then run back and jump in the truck to check. Other than that, what do the people with the light bars above the bumper wire them to?

As for the signaling for an upcoming cop, this light would leave spots on their eyes for probably the next 5 miles. And I was planning on installing several switches on the side of the roof console when I install my Hellas up top, so I was going to put all my switches up there, so I guess I will just have to put up a switch and learn some self control!

For what you want, you should tap into the trigger side of the reverse lights (just one is fine) for a relay. It won't make the bulb dimmer as a relay takes a minimal amount of power to be triggered.

I want to do something like this in the future. I have two switches I want. One will determine if the light comes on with the reverse lights, the other will be a constant on/off. This way, if I'm going to whatever local mall, I could leave it off. If I'm backing up a trailer into a camp site, I can turn it on with the reverse lights, and lastly if I am just loading up some gear I can have it just on without any keys even in the X.

I might end up having two extra projectors and ballasts out of a range rover if you want one, or both for that matter. I won't be able to tell if I will have any left over for some time, though. I will probably either see about selling them to someone who wants to put them in their headlights or build extra reverse lights for myself :)

Back