• Register Today It's free!

LED 3rd brake light

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
City, State
Portage Lakes, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
I have been in the market for a smoked LED 3rd brake light since I got my Explorer and unfortunately nobody makes them. I get e-mails from Recon truck accessories with their new products so I contacted them today and asked if there were any plans on making these. I was told there are no plans as of now. The guy I spoke to told me if I reply to the e-mail telling them I'd like to see this item offered it would go a long way into possibly making this happen. I am asking everyone here to please take a few minutes and send an e-mail to them also requesting LED 3rd brake lights be offered for 3rd generation Explorers. The more requests they get the better chance that they will offer one. The e-mail address is recon@reconaccessories.com.

Thanks!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ah yes im sorry fella...

I put LEDs in both of out Mountys. They look great. Gives it a 5 single bulb look instead of a solid red lit up look. If I get a min I will take a pic. I plan to spray tint the third light just to enough to knock the bright red look off of it, maybe one coat.

STU

Here are some pics. I put 5 LEDs in the light on her 08 and 3 that I had left in the center 3 of my 02.
Here is the one with 5.
herswith5LEDs.jpg

Here is the one with the center 3.
mymountywith3ledsand2reg.jpg

I had to enlarge the holes just a bit to get the LEDs in. I like the looks it gives. Not really any brighter just gives that broke up 5 bulb look. Oh ya these are just the cheap LEDs off ebay.

STU

Will the 03-06 expedition 3rd brake light fit? i see those LED 3rd light on ebxy.

I do not see any of these on ebay still.. Does anyone know of any after market ones made for 3rd gen that are being sold anywhere?

Thank you

Back