Explorer 2002 shut down when running | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2002 shut down when running

jlbanderasb

Reaction score
City, State
Yuma Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
Hi,

My explorer 2002 shut down suddenly, I was in a stop sign when it shut off, after that no ignition starter worked. It looks like the alarm system came up, I tried locking and unlocking the alarm using the remote with no sucess. I used the master code for the alarm system with bno success. I bough a code reader but the legend "NO LINK" appeared. Probably the computer had reseted. I don't really know what happened, I was miles away from home.

As a important detail I can mention the odometer doesn't show any number, either the compass.

With a screw driver we started the igbnition but it looks like no power in the motor et all.

It was a bad day!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So your not getting any power to anything?

it is just the ignition system the one without power. When jump the terminals on the starter motor it try to run but the is no power on the plugs, also no power on the ignition.

It seems to be like the alarm system lock everything up nor the computer got reseted.

Jorge

Your alarm system probably has an ignition kill and it is probably malfunctioning or there maybe a loose connection where it connects to the ignition wiring.

So what was it, fuse 41?

yes it was. As mentioned, still don't know what caused this fuse to burn but that fuse, actually a minifuse, controls the entire ignition system. According to the mechanic that circuit afects directly the tranmission perfomance (kind of sensor) and I noticed an o/d failure right after we started the engine but when they scanned the codes and deletethem, the failure went away......

Jorge

Cool Jorge, glad you were able to get it fixed then. Thanks for the info.

Back