• Register Today It's free!

Beadlocks

sparkyXplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' Limited AWD 5.0L
I didn't know where to put this, so I figure why not here...
So It only took me 3 months to get them finished and installed...after many frustrating hours, hundreds of bolts, plenty of welding....they are finally done!

Bad Pics, but none the less... Ta DA!!! BEADLOCKS!

100_0485.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0488.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! Are they DOT approved?

The wheels probably still have the stamp :p:

So, now you have beadlocks... what kind of pressure do you run in those tires? Doesn't look like theres a ton of room b/w the wheel wells. What's the future for that rig?

Sweet!

If your name is dot and you like them, then you must approve of them...:rolleyes: All joking aside I do not believe that they are anymore...

So, now you have beadlocks... what kind of pressure do you run in those tires? Doesn't look like theres a ton of room b/w the wheel wells. What's the future for that rig?

I haven't wheeled them yet, but before the locks I used to run 14psi, I changed my tire deflators down to 8psi and will go from there...

No there isn't the most room in the wheel wells but I have wheeled with those tires many times just no beadlocks. If she aint rubbin then she aint lovin right?:p:

Future plans...I have spring perches to do a SOA in rear, but just havn't got everything planned out for the front yet...Idealy I'd like to do a SAS

Hellz yeah, looks awesome. Any chance of a write up coming? This looks like something I'd like to try on my old wheels and actually put them to use again instead of just gathering dust.

I don't know how much of a write up there can be...

Buy some weld on beadlocks

Weld them on

Bolt 'em up

Look awesome!

I don't know how much of a write up there can be...

Buy some weld on beadlocks

Weld them on

Bolt 'em up

Look awesome!

well you'd also have to think about the material - most explorers come with aluminum wheels which is going to make welding a bit more challenging as most do not have the capability to weld aluminum. And after welding to the aluminum wheel, the wheel has to be re-tempered as welding would bring the aluminum back to T0 state. Or you can get another set of mild steel wheels.
Posted via Mobile Device

Classy. Time to get that thing on the trails around here

Those beadlocks look great.

Back