• Register Today It's free!

Greetings from Kentucky....

Lebowski

Reaction score
City, State
Crestwood, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer 4x4
This looks like a great site. I bought a 2005 Explorer XLS 4x4 today. It's a former police vehicle and still has the spotlight on it. I bought it from a Chevy dealer on an "as is" basis so it needs a few things-tires, brakes, one of the rear windows doesn't go down, the cigarette lighter doesn't work so I can't plug in my cell phone charger, etc. Also, I only got one key with it and no remotes. I assume I can buy more keys and a remote or two on Ebay-right? Anyway, I'll probably be stopping by fairly often and I hope to learn a thing or three from you guys....:)

387810984.jpg

PS.............That's my 1950 Studebaker Champion parked behind it....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice x u got there u plan on doing mods to it

Thanks. I'm in my 50s and not really into doing any mods. I'm looking for a set of chrome or alloy factory Explorer wheels with new or almost new tires on them to replace what's on it now. Does anyone know of any that are available? If so please let me know....:)

welcome, always good to have more kentucky boys here.
i think you can find solutions to all your problems on this site.

No power lighter sockets

I also have 2005 with no power to lighter sockets fuse is good took the console apart I couldn't find any bad wires any ideas? Thanks

I also have 2005 with no power to lighter sockets fuse is good took the console apart I couldn't find any bad wires any ideas? Thanks

Bad socket? just a thought.. .. ..

Back