One Inch Body Lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

One Inch Body Lift

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
I have searched and not really found an answer to what I am going to ask. How do you do a 1 inch Body Lift? What is the easy way to do it and what do I need to do it? Any ideas are greatly apreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hockey pucks

Yup, hockey pucks will work, but...

Installing a body lift is a lot of work to just get 1". And more than likely, you will wish you had done a 2"for the same amount of work.
Stepping from 2" to 3" is a different story. 3" will require use of bumper relocation brackets, and possible steering column mods, among other things.
I did a 1" on my Ex. Well, 1" hockey pucks sandwiched between two big flat washers added 1 1/4". It worked fine, but I wish I had just went ahead and done a 2".

MORE has aluminum

The hockey pucks work , but they deteriorate over time( i had some on a Jeep years ago).

MORE has 1 aluminum spacers for 4 or 5 each which should work well for a 1" lift, combined with some 1" longer bolts , I think the fan shroud would need attention but not myuch else.

Im doing the 1" on mine, get some clearance for future trans case swap., should also make working on the engine a bit easier too.

Dead Link Removed

Thanks for the info. I have the 3 inch now but I don't really like it. I just want to do the one inch for more tire room after I do the suspension lift.

Or you could just get a 2 inch and cut an inch off. I was thinking about doing this after I got my modified Duff lift on so I can maybe run 33's but certainly 32's.

Back