93 Explorer 4"suspension brushguards | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 Explorer 4"suspension brushguards

Reaction score
City, State
Abingdon,Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
this is my explorer,it has 31x1050 tires ,15x10 rims ,brushguards,flowmaster duals,nerf bars,and a 4"lift

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1788058&a=13846467&f=0]
num1.jpg
num2.jpg

just click on links for close ups
num3.jpg
num4.jpg
num5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what should i do next ?i was thinking clear corners and a billet grille?or maybe a smittybilt outland brushguard.
what do u guys think?
thanks,alex

OK
my plan is either get a new smittybilt chrome brushguard
or get clear corners,billet grille,and a chrome safari bar for the front. does anyone have any pics of a safari bar on their explorers?

WHICH ONE DO U GUYS THINK I SHOULD GET?

right now i have :
4"rough country suspension lift
flowmaster duals
westin nerf bars
smittybilt tail light guards
k&n air filter
brushguard
15x10 eagle 639's
31x1050 wide climbers
hella 500 driving lights

4" suspension lift!

i already have that.that is included under things i have.

how mcuh was the ruff contry lift and did you put it on yourself.

i went to a local 4x4 store and they ordered it for me for $650 i got them to install it for $300 it is a good lift.

Rough Country only makes a 3" lift for the explorer. Unless they used the 4" kit for a ranger.

yea thats what they say but its more than 3.5" before the lift i had front:14.75" after:front:20.25"
side:"12.75" side:18.25"
rear:17.20" rear:23.2"
that is with 31x1050 tires which only adds like 2 "so i got like 4" out of the lift.

Sounds good, I might be looking into that lift kit myself, for under $700 it seems like a pretty good deal. I am thinking about doing that, and then either 2" or 3" body lift to allow 33" tires.

3.73 or 4.10

Do u get alot worse or better gas milage ?how much more power do u get ,and how much would it cost for a set of new gears are they easy to install?

i just got 4:10 gears put in it took me about 2 hours but i had all the right tools and knew how to do it you get better gas mileage because it takes less pedal to reach the same speed(means less gas use):D

how much did they cost you?so there isnt any increase in power?

how much did that exhaust set up run you? i already have 2 flowmaster 40's in the garage and a couple spare catalytic converters as well. i was gonna look into a dual set up sometime down the road. thanks

thats awesome man,i dont have the true dual exhaust just dual port ,it costed me $210 installed w/tips.if u ever do install those 2 mufflers please let me know if u get any increase in hp cause i didnt get much of mine.

Don't forget though, with a bigger gear, that means on the highway you will need higher RPM to keep the same speed. Also don't forget, going to bigger tires, is like using a smaller gear. I made an Excel spreadsheet to figure this out. Among the formulas on there, it has one that will tell you your MPH based on gearing, and RPM, and another that will tell you your RPM based on MPH and gearing. It is available on @ http://24.182.160.18/hotrodmath.xls It is in Excel 2000 format, if you would like me to save it in an older excel format, please email me.

ok thanks,is there any way u could email me that spread sheet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just right click on that link above, and then choose "save target as", if you need for a different version, drop me a line at kdebelak@home.com

Back