• Register Today It's free!

06 Ford Escape

markedman450

Reaction score
City, State
Enola, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
I know its not a explorer but figured someone hear would know. So my girls mom has a 06 escape. Recently the abs light would come on then the 4x4 light starts flashing. She shuts if off and turns it back on and they go away but come back off and on. Took it to a ****ty garage and they cleared a abs code but didnt tell her what it was or what might have caused it (i know idiot garage)

Recently, while driving both lights started flashing along with the brake light, then the speedometer just started bouncing up and down, (while going 60 it dropped to zero) Car is at full power, no stumbling or stalling, no lack of power, lights all fully bright, etc etc. Just all the lights flashing and now the speedo bouncing around. Could this be a simple fix or is the gauge cluster broke?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check escape-city. Lots of info there. I used to own (2) Mariners, but never had an issue. Did anyone take a power washer or hose underhood recently? Pull the - battery cable, and let it sit for 5 min.

Ok so she took it to ford, and its sad to say this ford dealership was a complete waste of time. But they did get two codes. U0155 and U0121. 0155 is a Instrument panel cluster control module and 0121 is abs control module. I drove it around today but could not get the lights to come on or the speedo to mess up. But later today i was riding along with when it happend. Litterally the abs light comes on, then the 4x4 light or brake light starts to flash and while driving over 45 the speedo would just drop to 0 and then come back up to the vehicles actual speed then back to 0. Anyone ever get these two codes, i cant see two problems happening at the same time so im thinking one is causing the other. Problem is these codes wont show up constantly. Loose ground connection maybe?? Any ideas??

Try Escape Central too. They have great forums.

Back