New tires!! Grabber AT2 pics inside | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New tires!! Grabber AT2 pics inside

Looks great -- much better than the skinny 235 stockers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yet another happy General owner - 255/60R18s. I really like how they look when you get within about 30ft of them. I took them to get dirty as soon as the dealer gave me the truck back - 4 hrs of listening to random people's life stories at the dealership and wandering around the 95 degree, humid parking lot, but it's worth it.

Looks way nice! I really like that color. Trac looks great man!

Will Grabber AT2 265/70R18 fit the stock Sport Trac Ltd Rims? Anyone driving with this config?

What is the widest/tallest I can go?

Thanks!

Will Grabber AT2 265/70R18 fit the stock Sport Trac Ltd Rims? Anyone driving with this config?

What is the widest/tallest I can go?

Thanks!

I just put these on no problems 285X50x20"

IMG_3220.jpg

Nice Trac mr300!!

Grabber AT2 tread looks similar to BFG AT KO. Would like to hear how they are holding up etc.

I really like blackdiamondtrac's setup ... he has the same rims I do ... but I was hoping to get grabbers that are just a tad taller. (perhaps a tad wider too).

When I replaced my stock tires about 40k miles ago, I had discount tire put 265/60/R18 Michelin's on them. They fit well and got me that taller/wider look, but I am now ready to go with more of an offroad look, hence why I am looking at the Grabbers.

I am not very well versed on tire sizes, but if I understand correctly, the middle number denotes the tallness of the tire as percentage of the width. Is that correct? So 265/60/R18 should both be a tad wider and taller than blackdiamond's 255/60/R18 grabbers? Unfortunately -- from what I can tell -- Grabber AT2s don't come in 265/60/R18??

GM

@ GRNMACHINE

Mine have over 8,000 miles so far and visibly I can't see much wear at all. They seem to be holding up great and are quiet to me. Freeway miles from CA to TX and have definitely spent my good fare share of time off the paved road...I think they will last a LONG time.

@ greenmotion

Correct. Doesn't come from General in that size with this tire. Although they do offer a 275/70/18, 275/65/18 and a 265/70/18 which I have heard and read get a little rub when cranked fully in either direction. Hence why I went with the size I did.
By the time these are ready to be replaced I will have installed the Truxxx lift on the trac and will be going with the 275/70/18 setup. Truxxx lift kit 2007-2010 sport trac-$377, you could always do that.

Mine are the 265/70r16 and have right at 10k miles on them and the tread is looking good too, its probably 60% highway, 40% city driving

here's a pic I just took of them w/ 10k miles...

35336_739181133251_33006634_40380849_4671867_n.jpg

Are you guys puting on the LT's or the Pmetric? I do like the General Grabber but my heart is with the Bridgestone Dueler Revo's. I just picked up a 2007 ST XLT the other day. Nice ride!! Needs rubber though. It has 245/60/17 now but would there be any problems going with 265/70/17? gas, speedo, etc?

Hey Guys; I finally made the decision to go with the grabber's as well. Had my Ford dealer special order them.

I got them for $1049 installed. That includes taxes, free lifetime flat repair and rotation and filled with Nitro. I also got 5% cash-back on my ford loyalty program card plus I got a $40 rebate. So by the time I get the 5% + 40 rebate back, I will have paid $959 for the 4 tires. Good deal if you ask me!

Here are some pics:

P2010308.JPG

P2010309.JPG

P2010310.JPG

P2010312.JPG

P2010313.JPG

P2010318.JPG

Very nice, I had to pay like $1100 down in FL.
Enjoy'm, and make sure to bring back pictures after you get them dirty.
I'm still sometimes mad at myself for not at least taking one photo of the time I got stuck down to my LCAs in clay about 2 months ago - but I was freaking out because it was dark and in the GA backwoods, and there was thunder/lighting - oh what a terrible memory.

I had to get these specially ordered. Once the dealer got them on there, even they were impressed with the way they looked on the Sport Tracs. I have a suspicion they'll start carrying these tires now!

Can't wait to get them dirty and they got here just in time. A cold-storm is coming through Texas and we may even get some light snow on thursday. Awesome!.

Awesome looking tires....dont know much and still have some life left in mine..but looking at these pics they give the ST a real badboy look....just looking into price and size

Awesome looking tires....dont know much and still have some life left in mine..but looking at these pics they give the ST a real badboy look....just looking into price and size

These are the 255/60/R18's. TireRack has them for $206 + shipping + installation.

Walmart has them for $206 with free site-to-store shipping and free mounting.

While talking to the Ford dealership while doing an oil change last week I asked them about these tires. He couldn't quite match the walmart price (206 + tax installed) but told me he could do 1050 for the set of four. Drive-Out price. Plus get me the 5% back on my advantage card and a 40 rebate.

I really have nothing against walmart, but I felt odd having my tires replaced there, so I figured to give it to Ford. Today, when going there, after I was notified they had gotten the tires, I learned that it comes with free life-time flat repair, free lifetime rotation + Nitro. So in the end I was glad I decided to go with Ford. They ordered the tires on Friday btw and go them in today. Pretty fast!

Congrats on the new tires, Im sure you'll love them! I know I love mine and they give our trucks a more aggressive and offroad look.
I'm actually now at 20k miles on my general grabbers and they're still doing great, I just left West Virginia were I helped pull a Uhaul truck that was stuck. I was spinning all 4 wheels on nothing but ice but they finally caught traction and I pulled him right out!

Here are mine at 20k...

180347_805925566871_33006634_41940462_6581274_n.jpg

179087_805925666671_33006634_41940466_5098415_n.jpg

Wow, you sure drive a lot GSU, but they're still wearing nicely it seems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on the new tires, Im sure you'll love them! I know I love mine and they give our trucks a more aggressive and offroad look.
I'm actually now at 20k miles on my general grabbers and they're still doing great, I just left West Virginia were I helped pull a Uhaul truck that was stuck. I was spinning all 4 wheels on nothing but ice but they finally caught traction and I pulled him right out!

those look sweet what size are yours ?

Back