• Register Today It's free!

What is this???

StateFarmGUY

Reaction score
City, State
SANTA MARIA, CA, CENTRAL COAST
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT 5.0 AWD
well yesterday i took the ex out to pismo, and when i got home did a little inspection while i was rinsing it off nothing out of the ordinary, just LOTS of sand... then today i was at home for lunch and noticed this CRAP all over the front ifs beam leading up above the oil filter?? what is this could it just be dried salt?? maybe a hard water stain?? and ideas would be great, i just replaced the radiator last week and everything is running fine no overheating, leaks, etc .. im boggled ill try to figure out how to upload some pics while im here at work

all i can think of is the cold water hit the hot motor evaporated then... POOF!! hard water stain... Sounds hinkey though

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a high mineral content in the desert sand, but that looks like something was leaking, since it's only on on side.

yeah, i was thinking that its leaking but i dont know what it could be, all my fluids are full up.. and it was not there lastnight when i was rinsing it off im cornfused any ideas on what type of fluid it may be??

i thought it was rad fluid when i got under on lunch break cause it had a greenish tint, but then i realized, it was the chrome bumper reflecting my green shirt... HA HA im an idito...

well after i got home yesterday i fiddled with truck for a little while and followed the trail of dried up fluid up into the pulley system and found that it was coming from just below the WATERPUMP PULLEY, so after a bottle of wine i have made the descision to change that before it leaves me stranded somewhere, if that doesnt fix her up then the termostat will have to go too:D

Any ideas.. Im stuck on a bolt that is siezed up, i have used about a can of pb blaster, and it was still locked up, so i ground the head off with my grinder and its still locked on there, i have tried brute force and ignorance, pry bars, more pb blaster, and more brute force it still wont slide off the bolt, this is the last one stopping me from replacing my water pump... Any ingenuous ideas??

Back