what kind of bolts do i need to secure the handlebar onto a-pillar? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what kind of bolts do i need to secure the handlebar onto a-pillar?

JarvisB

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, DC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
After installing the tweeters into the A-pillars, my dumbass lost the bolts that secures the handlebar onto the pillar in the passenger seat.

So I m wondering if anyone of you know exactly which bolt it is? So I can make a trip to home depot tomorrow and get 2 bolts and then finally install the handlebar back into the pillar.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone?? I was hoping to get an answer before I head out to home depot.

Maybe 3/8" lags? JOKING- Check the other bolts and compare, likely you need an auto store or salvage.

Hey Jarvis do you get the bolts yet? I was thinking that maybe they are the same bolts as the ones for the second row handles. Maybe you can take off one of the second row handles and match the bolts. Just a thought. :salute:

You could probably use toggle bolts or even maybe a nut insert. If you wanna have fun with people with the grab bar, use velcro.. Watch when people go to grab it and it comes off.. lol

If you wanna have fun with people with the grab bar, use velcro.. Watch when people go to grab it and it comes off.. lol

I'd like to see that!! :p:

Hey Jarvis do you get the bolts yet? I was thinking that maybe they are the same bolts as the ones for the second row handles. Maybe you can take off one of the second row handles and match the bolts. Just a thought. :salute:

thats an awesome idea

I think Ill do that! thanks man

Keep us posted. :salute:

Back