Exploring Facht Hill - Tehama County | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exploring Facht Hill - Tehama County

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Today I peeled the Explorer out of the garage and headed out East to explore Facht Hill. It's about a 14 mile trail that leads to Antelope Creek. Being 107 degrees today, it seemed like a good idea to get some altitude and mountain water.

The first 12 miles was absolutely horrible. Basically its a road, with a lot of large rocks. Too small to be fun, but too big to not notice them. But with a little patience we finessed our way through it at 14 miles an hour.

Some decent rocks along the way for posing purposes.
facht01.jpg

facht02.jpg

facht03.jpg

Finally the downhill decent to the creek. This is a lot more technical than it looks in the pics (of course :p: )
facht04.jpg

Finally made it to the creek crossing. We parked it here for a while and hung out in the creek to cool off.
facht05.jpg

facht06.jpg

facht07.jpg

On the way back I blew a shock mount off. I was probably going faster than I should have been. It was violent to say the least. Some other fuse/relay box by the vacuum globe blew off too, also a shackle. I probably lost other things I didn't notice too. In my defense, the hoop wasn't finished welded yet. :D So, maybe I should finish that up before next time.
facht08.jpg

Some vids from the iPhone 4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like a Good Day there for the most part :p:

should'nt that be theama County you are refering too in the Title ?

edit:
WTF? spell the county Correctly and the forum is changing it to something else :scratch:

Good stuff - that creek crossing section brings the nice.

Oooh ooh.. It was a bumper shackle tow-point deal. Luckily it hit a rock when it fell off and I heard it jingling.

Nice. I like the water crossing.

is it good wheeling and adventuring out there?

is it good wheeling and adventuring out there?

This is just East of Red Bluff. There are numerous roads that'll take you from Red Bluff to Paynes Creek.

You should bring your Ranger up for a run. There's a local forum up here who often have trips going out that way. Is the Ranger pretty streetable or is the 1.5 hrs scary to think about? :p:

This is just East of Red Bluff. There are numerous roads that'll take you from Red Bluff to Paynes Creek.

You should bring your Ranger up for a run. There's a local forum up here who often have trips going out that way. Is the Ranger pretty streetable or is the 1.5 hrs scary to think about? :p:

Id definitely be down. I was never on these forums till i started realizing theres more local ish people on here than on the rangerforums hah. And ya, id say its streetable...after all, my truck is now mall rated :D

100_1443.jpg

Cool. We should set something up soon. I'll keep you updated on any runs I hear about up here too.

Cool. We should set something up soon. I'll keep you updated on any runs I hear about up here too.

awsome! sounds good to me! im always down to meet wheelin buddies.

Back