• Register Today It's free!

Questions about TB

FatChevy

Reaction score
City, State
OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Mountaineer
So I have a 2003 Mounty 4.6l and I'm trying to get more performance out of it. I was looking at a new TB but When I called bbk they said It might throw the check engine light. heres the link to the tb.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bbk-78mm-throttle-intake.html

Where can I get a chip for the mounty?

Will this tb work and about what about the check engine light?

What other things can I do besides a SC?

If the Tb will work do I need a bigger mass air flow sensor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i believe you will have to get a larger MAFS.

PM Tylers02 about what throttle body/plenum combo he found for a great price. I wouldn't get anything larger than a 70mm because it will be a waste.

For an SCT X3 programmer, go to hensonperformance.com and pick one up. He is a vendor on here and knows his way around Explorers!

Other mods to consider: Exhaust, CAI, UDP's and Efan will net you some great power.

FATCHEVY,

with the mods that LIMITED listed you could get in the ball park of...

25 to 40 HP / 25 to 35 TQ - out of your V8... * that would be my rough estimate...

Limited what kind of gains have you seen from your current set up ?

* 1200th post woot ! lol

PM Tylers02 about what throttle body/plenum combo he found for a great price. I wouldn't get anything larger than a 70mm because it will be a waste.

For an SCT X3 programmer, go to hensonperformance.com and pick one up. He is a vendor on here and knows his way around Explorers!

Other mods to consider: Exhaust, CAI, UDP's and Efan will net you some great power.

Yeah I was searching through the forums earlier and found out about the sct progs. I called james earlier now im just waiting on the cash! I'm pretty damn excited that there are some things I can do with the mounty!

I don't know if I should get the CAI, Exhaust and TB first then the prog or the other way around

Yeah I was searching through the forums earlier and found out about the sct progs. I called james earlier now im just waiting on the cash! I'm pretty damn excited that there are some things I can do with the mounty!

I don't know if I should get the CAI, Exhaust and TB first then the prog or the other way around

It's best to do the mods first, then the programmer last. When you order the programmer from James, tell him what mods you have done and he will write a tune to compensate for those new changes. Good luck!!!

the throttle body will not throw a code, i have been running a 75mm for years in both a tuned and an untuned edition. go ahead and pick up a 70mm, (the 75mm is worthless unless you plan on running cams or a supercharger) dont forget to get a new intake plenum or the new throttle body will be worthless as the intake plenum is only a 65mm.

Back