• Register Today It's free!

Question about Mounty front end

FatChevy

Reaction score
City, State
OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Mountaineer
I have a 03 Mounty and am wondering if I can swap the front end from a 03 explorer? The reason behind this is the head lights. The HID's arent the greastest due to the cap on the back of the headlight. Its really a wierd design plus I can't get anything aftermarket for headlights. smoked. Theres just not many mods for the mounty so I thought I would just do a swap?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:thumbdwn: sorry to say unless you plan on swapping out the whole front clip ain't gonna fit , hood , fenders , grill , ect........
i have both , and i really like the mounty tail lights , but sad to say they won't fit in my ex .......:(

You can do what I did install hid projectors then spray the Chrome black but leave the blinker Chrome. Then add color matched vinyl eyelids and it looks much meaner. If you Facebook Chris macknosky I have pics of my headlights and the other mode I did. Everyone says it looks sick... caldwell might have pics to post also

chris i dont have pics, but FATCHEVY...

chris's mounty headlights are sick !, that would make your front end look really good

Chris I did have u added at one point. U must of deleted me. So on the headlight issue. to I have to bake em to get them apart? I have the paint already!

I didnt mind changing the whole front end. I was just wondering if its a straight bolt on

Strip everything off the headlights and clean the lenses or the stuck on bugs will brown your lenses.

Then Throw them in the oven on a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil. I am almost 100% sure it was at 300-325 and I just left the door cracked so I could watch them. After a few minutes take them out and wear gloves! I didn't and my hands hated me for it! Carefully pry the lenses apart. Then sand, paint and install back together.

I have hid projectors and All I can say is man it turns head.

Thanks for the input Danny I just can't wait for it to get done

Back