Back in the game........ | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back in the game........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like black because it is just more classy. LoL. I am going to be doing a few drastick changes to the front bumper and I am going to make a basket for the roof instead of buying one. I am thinking about either making a better lift for the truck or buying one once I have the money to do so.

...You're doing another red bumper aren't you???

no red bumper this time but probably going to modify it to be closer to what I had. Maybe build a stinger off the front of the bumper and cut off that bull nose it has now. I want to cut it off to put the grill back on and make it look more like an ex again.

installed the left radius arm bushing. Looked at the ones the PO gave me and they were not what they were supposed to be so I went and baught a cheap rubber one for now and it took the clunk away. It drives a lot better now too. I also noticed that none of the tires are balanced and that is what's shaking my teeth out of my head. I will be balancing them when I drive it to work next.

well I got rid of the 4guage wire and fuse that was between the alt and the battery and hooked up the factory alt wire hooked up. I also hooked up one of the auxilery lights in the rear to the reverse lights. I was able to fix the rear hatch so it opens and closes properly.

The next thing to do is to mod the front bumper to my specks and also I need to make a call and get a lunchbox locker for the front axle. I had to cut off the rocker panel below the left rear door because it gave way under my youngest son so I will be trying to find some diamond plate to replace the rocker panels with.

..What's up in your world?..Are you still alive??

..What's up in your world?..Are you still alive??

I am still alive. at the moment I don't have any explorers but I might end up with a 4x4 at some point. I have been working a lot and i haven't had much time to get on here. i have 2 mid 90's 5 series bmw's that I am fixing up. i haven't had the money to build another truck yet because I lost my job and I have just started a new one and am trying to catch up on bills. How are things on your end??

..Same story just different town..:(

..Glad to hear your alright..Keep us informed..:biggthump

..Same story just different town..:(

..Glad to hear your alright..Keep us informed..:biggthump

I will, i miss having a 4x4 but right now couldn't afford to drive it. I already have two v8 cars and it is killing me having to drive 70miles a day round trip with both the cars. I might have to get a 4x4 for this winter though. Maybe a 4cyl 4x4 ranger if I can find one or a 4x4 yota.

...Can't go wrong with a 4 banger Ranger..:biggthump

..Finding one someone wants to sell is the only hard part..;)

Yeah. Iknow it can be hard to find one but there has been a few around here for sale. I am thinking about hitting up the auction yard when I get some cash and pick something up cheap.

Back