• Register Today It's free!

Anyone SAS a 3rd gen yet??????

GPRACING

Reaction score
City, State
Summerville,SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 5.0
Havent ever seen one done.Have any of you guys seen a 3rd gen with a SAS front and rear??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know of any. Would be difficult with the way the stock axles run through a hole in the frame. Definitely not impossible though.

No one has yet, if you have the funds, get her done;) It will take a decent suspension lift to get the axles away from the frame, and then you should be golden. If I eve get enough penny's saved up, I am going to buy another 3rd gen cheapy and do this.

if i can find a shop on the east coast that is willing to do a front and rear sas then on my next deployment i will drop it off and just tell them they have all year to do it but i want it done for when i get home!! maybe i'll start looking for a shop because january 2011 its time to hit afghanistan lol

no...Some donate me a 3rd gen and I'll pull the axles off JP for it:D

My father-in-law has a '04 that when he is ready to trade in for a Ranger, I have told him I want it sense they are not going to give him crap for it.;)

I have already thought this through a bit...coilovers all 4 corners and you leave the rear axle hole alone. you just run your rear axle under the frame like any other truck. full with axles would work nice;)

Problem is - we havent really seen many 3rd genners try to wheel their Explorer on a serious trail. And by that I dont mean splashing through mud or running fire roads. So it probably wouldnt make any sense to throw two solid axles under a 3rd gen if no one is actually going to take it to some serious trails - that'd just be a waste of resources ($, time, etc..). I'm not sure I've even seen a third gen on an RTI ramp - not that an RTI sets any standard but its fun for whatever its worth. In addition, I dont think we've ever seen a 3rd gen out on Thaven, or even the simple local tail near me (Rausch Creek, PA).

I'm not sure I've even seen a third gen on an RTI ramp - not that an RTI sets any standard but its fun for whatever its worth.

Is that a dare?:D Because I could borrow the F-I-L's '04 and make that happen...however it is 2wd:rolleyes:

I'm not sure I've even seen a third gen on an RTI ramp - not that an RTI sets any standard but its fun for whatever its worth. In addition, I dont think we've ever seen a 3rd gen out on Thaven, or even the simple local tail near me (Rausch Creek, PA).

NOT TRUE! My dad's must be the only 3rd gen to ever try an RTI ramp, because at the truckhaven event you went to, i tried to test it out. It didn't impress anyone, but still, it's been done. :)

NOT TRUE! My dad's must be the only 3rd gen to ever try an RTI ramp, because at the truckhaven event you went to, i tried to test it out. It didn't impress anyone, but still, it's been done. :)

Good call! I remember that now! There must be a picture somwhere! That was from the big MLK '07 I think.

I don't think i've seen any pictures of it.

It was the Oct. '07 run. Where IZ came !:p: LOL It scored a 45 on the ramp, and only went 5" up the ramp.:rolleyes: I think my dad had a pic, that never made it to the net...I'll check in and report back:salute:

Ah well I stand correct - we have one 3rd gen on an RTI :)

...Newbie run, Oct. 07....:D

th_135b.jpg

Problem is - we havent really seen many 3rd genners try to wheel their Explorer on a serious trail. And by that I dont mean splashing through mud or running fire roads. So it probably wouldnt make any sense to throw two solid axles under a 3rd gen if no one is actually going to take it to some serious trails - that'd just be a waste of resources ($, time, etc..). I'm not sure I've even seen a third gen on an RTI ramp - not that an RTI sets any standard but its fun for whatever its worth. In addition, I dont think we've ever seen a 3rd gen out on Thaven, or even the simple local tail near me (Rausch Creek, PA).

i had my mounty up at raush creek! haha that was when i just had my body lift and 265s but we will see how it does with the 35s now. it went everywhere my buddies lifted and locked wrangler went. you just can't be afraid to break all the weak stuff. (rear toe links were the first thing to break)

this summer hit me up and we will have to hit the archabald mountains they are my play grounds

to the top

Any takers yet????Sure would be a sick ride:D

this summer hit me up and we will have to hit the archabald mountains they are my play grounds
Otay but there better be plenty of rocks - my Explorer says no to mud.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been working on it whenever I get a chance but my issue is my many trips to the hospital. I suffered a tbi when I was deployed so they have me in the hospital to run tests. I feel like a test rat! 17 appointments this month alone! Also moving into a new house has eatten up most of my time.4 car garage, 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath 2.25 acres of land with an in ground pool. Anyways the end of august the mountaineer will be done. The rear axle is under it along with the front. The shop that is finish up will be going over all my work and modify the frame to clear the driveshafts. Right now she is sitting with no driveshafts or steering so it will get towed there august 4th to start and finish it.

There are a few good areas of rocks up there but its more trail riding with a mix of everything you can imagine. Next summer we will have to get a group together to go.

Back